Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Graphic content in thread titles

Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

This is just so awesome with all the hateful comments. No wonder you gravitate to such negative energy. I dont see anything unrealistic about it at all. They use to have a news section on the forum but for some reason, stopped it. So its already been done. There was so much political talk, they made a political forum, then it got so out of hand, they shut it down and banned all political talk from the forum

I think you guys need to pull your heads from your rear ends. Based on the forums history and current rule system, my suggestion is no where near unrealistic or unreasonable to deserve the remarks you're giving.

I'm not saying no one can never say anything negative anywhere, I'm just tired of logging on and reading nothing but horrible news threads. I just saw another one, saying how a woman was gang raped. People ask when will the violence stop......its not going to. As long as people are around it never will and we all know that. Its nice to have a retreat to take a distraction from this shit. I dont want slammed in the face with it every single time. I think that all of you that are making the nasty comments towards me are the unrealistic ones.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingRain View Post
    This whole "I have a right to not be offended" makes me want to throw up. Follow the advice of others and go somewhere that will prevent your case of ass-hurt from flaring up.
    Ding! Especially when its so commonly used to explain the "horror" of having to see someone with a *shudder* 'gun'...

You have no right to not be offended or exposed to content within the guidelines of PAFOA. If you can't handle it, its time to do the adult thing and either don't login, find greener pastures, or expect us all to look at you like you just put an anti-gun shirt on at an OC rally.

Which is basically what you just did. Uhm... Guys could you please censor all of your posts so I don't have to be sad... *sniffle*.

Are you an adult or a child?

Apply logic to your thread and then evaluate what you just answered to the above.

And please, do not ever... Ever ever... Join AK files. I say that sincerely for your own protection. You would literally go insane if PAFOA bothers you this much. The news politics religion section would have you in fits.

I do understand what you are saying. There are days when what I see and read makes me sick. Effects my mood and general outlook on life, etc. But that's when I close those threads and shake it off. If it bothers me its my own fault. Sometimes you just gotta change the channel man. Gotta be accountable for your own intake.
    Last edited by Asmodeus6; September 2nd, 2013 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Ding! Especially when its so commonly used to explain the "horror" of having to see someone with a *shudder* 'gun'...

You have no right to not be offended or exposed to content within the guidelines of PAFOA. If you can't handle it, its time to do the adult thing and either don't login, find greener pastures, or expect us all to look at you like you just put an anti-gun shirt on at an OC rally.

Which is basically what you just did. Uhm... Guys could you please censor all of your posts so I don't have to be sad... *sniffle*.

Are you an adult or a child?

Apply logic to your thread and then evaluate what you just answered to the above.

And please, do not ever... Ever ever... Join AK files. I say that sincerely for your own protection. You would literally go insane if PAFOA bothers you this much. The news politics religion section would have you in fits.

I do understand what you are saying. There are days when what I see and read makes me sick. Effects my mood and general outlook on life, etc. But that's when I close those threads and shake it off. If it bothers me its my own fault. Sometimes you just gotta change the channel man. Gotta be accountable for your own intake.

Your whole post contradicts itself. You say you understand where I'm coming from but then blame yourself when you read the horrible things others have done? And I'm not talking about stupid stuff....we're talking about some of the most horrible things humans are capable of, like child murder, child rape, animal abuse, etc. If you want to expose yourselves to that so your numb of it....well.................thats a world full of folks like you all that I dont want to be around that you can report news like raping a baby (yeah its been posted on here) is the same as reporting theres going to be two inches of snow today.

All I'm asking is simple, bring back a news section. You can leave my reasoning out of it, I simply just think that all news reporting should be in its own forum. Its simply asking for more organization on an already massive forum. I see nothing wrong or unreasonable with that.
    Last edited by Franky4Fingers; September 2nd, 2013 at 03:08 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    Your whole post contradicts itself. You say you understand where I'm coming from but then blame yourself when you read the horrible things others have done? .
    No it doesn't. I hold myself responsible for the amount of garbage I ingest in a given day. Something evidently you are incapable of doing. I have no idea how you aren't seeing how simple that is. Your true argument is that the thread titles alone bother you. So... you can't see that submitting yourself to something that bothers you is - your own doing. That's a problem. Instead you want everyone to stop posting it in the part of the forum you frequent. So it doesn't bother you.

If you really can't see it, I'll let it go man.

But I'll give you the news section. Valid.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    This is just so awesome with all the hateful comments. No wonder you gravitate to such negative energy. I dont see anything unrealistic about it at all. They use to have a news section on the forum but for some reason, stopped it. So its already been done. There was so much political talk, they made a political forum, then it got so out of hand, they shut it down and banned all political talk from the forum

I think you guys need to pull your heads from your rear ends. Based on the forums history and current rule system, my suggestion is no where near unrealistic or unreasonable to deserve the remarks you're giving.

I'm not saying no one can never say anything negative anywhere, I'm just tired of logging on and reading nothing but horrible news threads. I just saw another one, saying how a woman was gang raped. People ask when will the violence stop......its not going to. As long as people are around it never will and we all know that. Its nice to have a retreat to take a distraction from this shit. I dont want slammed in the face with it every single time. I think that all of you that are making the nasty comments towards me are the unrealistic ones.
    IIRC the reason behind the closing was it became nothing more than a place to argue about everything and call each other names, people couldn't discuss things in an adult manner and the mods and admins decided it was more trouble than it was worth and closed it. Same pretty much goes for why the political wasteland was closed. In the end, PAFOA is about firearms and any off topic forum area that becomes too much work for the powers that be goes bye bye.

(Montgomery County)

My vote would be to post less news threads and more posts to the Gun Babe thread. I think that would be a nice balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    No it doesn't. I hold myself responsible for the amount of garbage I ingest in a given day. Something evidently you are incapable of doing. I have no idea how you aren't seeing how simple that is. Your true argument is that the thread titles alone bother you. So... you can't see that submitting yourself to something that bothers you is - your own doing. That's a problem. Instead you want everyone to stop posting it in the part of the forum you frequent. So it doesn't bother you.

If you really can't see it, I'll let it go man.

But I'll give you the news section. Valid.
    I'm not even going to question my own thoughts on whether seeing/hearing extreme graphic content is disturbing or not, because I know it is. If you can see that a newborn infant is raped to death and go about eating your ham sammich like nothing is happening, then your a sociopath. I often notice that people like yourself that have no sympathy for things are often the biggest criers when something comes along that you dont like. I'm not wrong on this idea I came up with, its just a simple matter if the people that run this board agree with it or not. Apparently there are others who agree with me as well on this board, so I'm not alone.

I'm glad we can at least agree on the second part. Have a good day.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    My vote would be to post less news threads and more posts to the Gun Babe thread. I think that would be a nice balance.
    agreed....hopefully that won't offend anyone but if it does.....who gives a shit...

(Dauphin County)

This thread offends me

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast