Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Cops versus cops

Oh boy here is a good one, action gets better at 6 minutes
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=94f_1377832380
    Last edited by rompus; August 30th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Default Re: Cops versus cops

My opinion is the Stater was in the right, the undercover guys were A holes.

(Montgomery County)

Interesting that the State Trooper did not call for backup.

(Chester County)

Just seems embarrassing, and un-professional to me. If they treat each other like this, how will they treat us?

(Franklin County)

The trooper is completely to blame. Why didn't he run the plates on the SUV? Would've come back as an undercover vehicle. He walked up on an officer (gun in hand) while he was making a stop and started demanding and threatening before checking ID, vehicle registration, anything.
    This trooper was very on edge and is a threat to everyone if this is the way he normally conducts business.
    Would it have been so wrong to walk up to him and say, "excuse me officer, may I speak with you back at my vehicle". In no way would that approach be any more dangerous than the approach he used, and it would actually be less dangerous for those in the vehicle the undercover cop stopped.
    Last edited by ray h; August 30th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    The trooper is completely to blame. Why didn't he run the plates on the SUV? Would've come back as an undercover vehicle. He walked up on an officer (gun in hand) while he was making a stop and started demanding and threatening before checking ID, vehicle registration, anything.
    This trooper was very on edge and is a threat to everyone if this is the way he normally conducts business.
    The context of his stop was that there were 3 robberies within a month or so by people impersonating undercover cops. His actions for that stop were in response to this.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    The context of his stop was that there were 3 robberies within a month or so by people impersonating undercover cops. His actions for that stop were in response to this.
    So he walks up on the potential of multiple armed persons without calling for backup or running the plates of the vehicle? There's a lot of fail on all sides of this. If that cop had actually walked up on the armed car jackers he thought the UC's were, he'd might have ended up dead.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    So he walks up on the potential of multiple armed persons without calling for backup or running the plates of the vehicle? There's a lot of fail on all sides of this. If that cop had actually walked up on the armed car jackers he thought the UC's were, he'd might have ended up dead.
    I'm not justifying the response, I was merely pointing out the context of the stop. As I posted earlier, I wondered why he did not call for backup in that situation.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    I know but so what? He could've handled that much differently and not compromised his or anyone elses safety.
    Face it, he thought he had the guys and he was all jacked up on adrenalin and testosterone. He was very dangerous at that point, even to other officers. This guy needs to learn to control his emotions before he puts a badge and gun on.
    Last edited by ray h; August 30th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I know but so what? He could've handled that much differently and not compromised his or anyone elses safety.
    Face it, he thought he had the guys and he was all jacked up on adrenalin and testosterone. He was very dangerous at that point, even to other officers.
    See post #8.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast