Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Obama moves to stop the NFA Trust and Corp loophole, and Importation

The Fraud in charge in Washington DC has just made a move to stop NFA Trusts and Corp. registrations

Four months after a gun control drive collapsed spectacularly in the Senate, President Barack Obama added two more executive actions to a list of 23 steps the White House determined Obama could take on his own to reduce gun violence. With the political world focused on Mideast tensions and looming fiscal battles, the move signaled Obama's intent to show he hasn't lost sight of the cause he took up after 20 first graders and six adults were gunned down last year in an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

One new policy will end a government practice that lets military weapons, sold or donated by the U.S. to allies, be reimported into the U.S. by private entities, where some may end up on the streets. The White House said the U.S. has approved 250,000 of those guns to be reimported since 2005; under the new policy, only museums and a few other entities like the government will be eligible to reimport military-grade firearms.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/08/2...#storylink=cpy

http://www.centredaily.com/2013/08/2...ffers-new.html
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Obama moves to stop the NFA Trust and Corp loophole, and Importation

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...tions-on-guns/

OBAMA ANNOUNCES MORE EXECUTIVE ACTIONS ON GUNS
    Unable to get gun control legislation through Congress, the Obama administration announced two new executive actions Thursday – one to “close a loophole,” another to block importation of surplus military weapons.

The announcements come the same day that Vice President Joe Biden – who has spearheaded the administration’s anti-gun efforts since the school massacre in Newtown, Conn. in December — is set to do a ceremonial swearing-in of B. Todd Jones, who was confirmed by the Senate as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The two new executive actions are on top of 23 previous executive actions announced by President Barack Obama after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.

Under current law, the administration says that machine guns and short barreled shotguns must be registered and an individual must undergo a fingerprint-based background check to purchase the gun.

“At present, when the weapon is registered to a trust or corporation, no background check is run,” a White House news release said Thursday morning. “ATF reports that last year alone, it received more than 39,000 requests for transfers of these restricted firearms to trusts or corporations.

This guy is REALLY, REALLY pushing it...
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Obama moves to stop the NFA Trust and Corp loophole, and Importation

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...tions-on-guns/

OBAMA ANNOUNCES MORE EXECUTIVE ACTIONS ON GUNS
    Unable to get gun control legislation through Congress, the Obama administration announced two new executive actions Thursday – one to “close a loophole,” another to block importation of surplus military weapons.

The announcements come the same day that Vice President Joe Biden – who has spearheaded the administration’s anti-gun efforts since the school massacre in Newtown, Conn. in December — is set to do a ceremonial swearing-in of B. Todd Jones, who was confirmed by the Senate as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The two new executive actions are on top of 23 previous executive actions announced by President Barack Obama after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.

Under current law, the administration says that machine guns and short barreled shotguns must be registered and an individual must undergo a fingerprint-based background check to purchase the gun.

“At present, when the weapon is registered to a trust or corporation, no background check is run,” a White House news release said Thursday morning. “ATF reports that last year alone, it received more than 39,000 requests for transfers of these restricted firearms to trusts or corporations.

This guy is REALLY, REALLY pushing it...
    And he says, "WHAT YA GONNA DO ABOUT IT PUNKS?":
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

The way I'm reading this and correct me if I'm wrong but this means no more imports or AK kits, M-76', PSL 54's etc.

Unless you're a radical muslim who hates America then Obama will arm you with whatever you want.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    And he says, "WHAT YA GONNA DO ABOUT IT PUNKS?":
    I swear that's what he's doing. This seems like a "win-win" for the Communists. We don't do anything, they get their way...we do something they get their way.

So I pray, go to all events I can, call, write, etc...but mostly I pray because I really don't see any other way out of this mess.

I do sense (maybe I'm wrong) these Marxists are getting a bit concerned because the populace ain't buying their lies and we seem to be "organizing" in the sense of Twitter, Facebook, Internet, book sales, etc.

Liberals are too dumb to think for themselves and their losing the Twitter/internet battle right now. We need to keep it up as that is one positive to the good fight.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    The way I'm reading this and correct me if I'm wrong but this means no more imports or AK kits, M-76', PSL 54's etc.
    This was my first question, but it sounds like the weapon has to originate from the US to not be imported...?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Montgomery County)

Does this mean imported ammo too? Exactly what types of guns will be affected by this?
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I swear that's what he's doing. This seems like a "win-win" for the Communists. We don't do anything, they get their way...we do something they get their way.

So I pray, go to all events I can, call, write, etc...but mostly I pray because I really don't see any other way out of this mess.

I do sense (maybe I'm wrong) these Marxists are getting a bit concerned because the populace ain't buying their lies and we seem to be "organizing" in the sense of Twitter, Facebook, Internet, book sales, etc.

Liberals are too dumb to think for themselves and their losing the Twitter/internet battle right now. We need to keep it up as that is one positive to the good fight.
    The problem is too many stayed home during the main event.......all our problems rest squarely on the shoulders of the POS running it.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

I do not wish him and his cronies well.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    Does this mean imported ammo too? Exactly what types of guns will be affected by this?
    I think it only bans US made guns that are given to allies from being imported back into the USA, I might be wrong but that is what it seemed to mean to me. Besides M1 rifles I really can't think of many US guns that would be given to allies and then imported back

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast