Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA XDs 9/45

Default SA XDs 9/45

Just wanted to let the forum know that SA is having a recall on the XDs 9mm/45ACP. SA wants you to send in your pistols to be "upgraded." I'm going to wait to send mine in as the mass with be sending them in all at once. I have a feeling this is going to delay getting back your pistol in a timely manner.

Thread over on XDtalk

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-s-di...28-2013-a.html

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SA XDs 9/45

Saw the article on guns.com. Guess I gotta go check my serial #...

http://www.guns.com/2013/08/28/break...l-xds-pistols/
    Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...specnic75.html

(Lackawanna County)

I was in the market for another 9mm compact carry gun. I looked at the Shield, XDs, and the SR9c.

A little over two weeks ago, I purchased the Ruger.

Hmmm...with the Shield and XDs recalls, it looks like I might have made the right choice.

(Tioga County)

I guess no surprise as I mentioned in the thread I started 2 months ago and updated recently.

My opinion is that these pistols seem to need a bit of refinement in the design. With the failure to return to battery issues plenty of people experience and with about 5 different reasons why people think that is the case, that says to me it's not ready for prime time. Especially for a concealed carry pistol people expect to depend on.

Glad I don't own one but informed the owner of the recall and their pistol falls in the serial number range so it's going back.

I'm pissed... pay a good amount of money for a product and you have to worry about this.

Looks like I'll have to start carrying my keltec again. Good thing I picked up another one.

(Montgomery County)

Looks like mine is on the list. Dammit, just bought it two weeks ago and now I gotta send it in. I just hope they make up for this somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo85 View Post
    Looks like mine is on the list. Dammit, just bought it two weeks ago and now I gotta send it in. I just hope they make up for this somehow.
    I agree

My friend ended up putting a bullet into his safe. I swore up and down his hand was on the trigger. I didn't see it but this was based on the story he gave me. I said there's no way your gun just went off when you were chambering a round. Looks like I was wrong...

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo85 View Post
    I doubt it. You'll get it "fixed" and even then I would not be so sure. With the issues I saw and what other people have experienced these guns in my opinion need some refinement. As a shooter, they are fine but nothing to write home about or at least not the miracle product pumped up by the gun magazines.

I think what it comes down to it was gun was eagerly anticipated, especially the 45 model and was rushed to market before it was completely ready. Springfield's response to owners with the issues I saw so far has been to send the guns back to the owners drenched in lube. If these issues I saw and what the recall is about are related that has yet to be seen.

(Cumberland County)

Bummed, my XDS-45 is in the range for recall. Just filled out the online form and getting ready to ship her back
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

Mine is in the recall list. It's a shame. I really love it and have had absolutely no issues. The fact that it took this long to recall makes me think the issue is super rare as springfield claims. I will ship mine out on tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast