Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Perry County)

Default Re: 2-Gun Mifflin Co Sportsmen (Rifle-Pistol)

Brian;
    Yes we will be scoring as per FNH 3-gun. Two hits anywhere, or one in the central "A" zone to neutralize. We want to do what we can to ensure that the match moves along smothly and reasonably quickly. The 2 to neutralize eliminates a few seconds a shooter compared to USPSA or IDPA and over the course of an event that is a lot of seconds, not spent standing around. Also, this encourages fast engagements at closer distances, which I really like. In the same vane we will have most of the long shots be on steel, this will make pasting up much faster. I am hoping for a good balance between close up run and gun and longer deliberate shooting, but so does everyone, so we will see.
    One difference form FNH is that we will not have any rankings by divison or stage. Your total score will be your total raw time plus whatever penalties you manage to incurr. Without a commputer program to give %s I simply don't have the math skills neccesary, however, with a calulator, I am hell on wheels with addition.
    Steve

(Perry County)

Default Re: 2-Gun Mifflin Co Sportsmen (Rifle-Pistol)

Solscud007;
    I shoot tac scope, however, open would be a real advantyage on a few stages. I was trying out the longest range stage today, checking targets and with a 1-4 Vortex the 400 and 500 yd targets were really pretty strait forward, one jmust needed to know the hold overs. Using 69 gr HPBTs at 2864 fps, I need 3.5 mils to get 500 off a 200 yd zero. So at 100 I am about 1/34 high, dead on at 200, .9 mils low at 300 (9.72 "). 2.0 mils low at 400yds (28.8") (this was actually a bit more as my group hit high in the chest, so I'll hold just below center). Interestingly that is almost exactly the size of the full size silloette, so if one hold just above the head one ought to get a hit low on the target). At 500 I'm 3.5 mils low, (63"), around here is where holding ff and using Pennsyltucky windage and elevation gets real difficult!!!! But we don't shoot in matches so as not to challenge our skills!!

Good luck and if you can get on JBM Calulations trajectoy website and get those numbers for your load and rifle and or get to the range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12