Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Snyder County)

Default CC in Amusement Park - More specifically, roller coasters

So what is everyone's thought?

I am going to Hershey Park tomorrow with the wife. I normally carry my P3AT all the time. But I am unsure if I should take it with my on the rides or not? My issue is not if I am going to take it into the park, as I know they have rules against that and I can be thrown out, yadda, yadda, yadda. It is more worrying about being upside down with my pocket pistol along for the ride.

I would like to hear all your thoughts before I say mine.

Default Re: CC in Amusement Park - More specifically, roller coasters

I would not. I would most likely keep it in my car - too much of a hassle at a park like that.

(Erie County)

If you have a good enough holster, I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

Amusement parks typically foster some of the seediest crowds around.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    I would not. I would most likely keep it in my car - too much of a hassle at a park like that.
    What hassle are you talking about? I don't see any hassle...at least not anymore than a normal day or putting on a pair of pants and slipping in the holster, P3AT, wallet, and cell phone.

Please explain.

(Chester County)

Especially now, have you been to Hershey park lately??? I went to Milton Hershey School so I was there all the time in my school years. I just watched as the years went by, and the crowd turned more and more unruly. I have seen more than a few fist fights, and a few people get jumped while at Hershey Park.

Concealed is concealed, a good holster and there should be no worries. I would carry there and would have no problem doing it. It would be an easy target for a violent criminal as more than likely think it will be full of unaware unarmed people. That is not the fate I or my family will suffer. Be armed, be safe, and in this situation be discreet.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    What hassle are you talking about? I don't see any hassle...at least not anymore than a normal day or putting on a pair of pants and slipping in the holster, P3AT, wallet, and cell phone.

Please explain.
    You asked my opinion. Don't shoot me over it.

It would be hot, lots of people, elbow to elbow, constantly worrying about it either showing, printing, whatever - risking charges if caught. They have multiple signs posted about this, plus they search your bags on the way in.

I want to enjoy the park, not to constantly have to worry about my piece.

If you're worried about the crowds, don't go.

Knowing the crowds at hershey park are unruly, is like you being the only white guy walking through the hood in the middle of the night. Why would you do the latter?

(Chester County)

It would be hot, lots of people, elbow to elbow, constantly worrying about it either showing, printing, whatever - risking charges if caught. They have multiple signs posted about this, plus they search your bags on the way in.
    Yes they check you bags not your person, the gun will be in his pocket. Second off signs hold zero legal weight in this state, the only thing they can do is ask him to leave at which time he must comply and leave. They can not press charges, because he didn't read a sign.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Snyder County)

You asked my opinion. Don't shoot me over it.
    I did not shoot you over it. I am sorry if you took it that way. You gave your opinion, but not any background to your opinion. And I simply asked you for more information. I didn't not see the hassle, and I still don't. And that is why it is an opinion. You think it is a hassle because of what you posted in your second post. But I don't think it is a hassle because I see no difference in how I carry everyday. The only thing I am worried about is riding the coasters, as I expressed.

And again, I apologize if my post came off as aggressive. It was not meant to be. I simply wanted more information. Thanks for providing that.

(Philadelphia County)

I've never been to that park in particular, but you'll NEVER get a gun passed at the other parks I've been too. Especially Six Flags. They'll frisk you real good, then pass the want metal detector ALL over your body. After that, if memory serves me right, you'll go past the full body scan thingie thats common in airports.

I say NO-GO on this one. I've been to Six Flags plenty of time, and most of the people are there with their families trying to have a good time. Thugs ain't gonna spend $60 to get in to start trouble. Plus security is usually Johnny on the Spot at these places.

Leave at home or at the car, but I guarantee it'll never get in.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Pike County)

I was ay Hershey on the 3rd. There were no metal detectors. Not that it mattered, as I wasn't carrying.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast