Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    No one checks, trust me. You can freely come and go at this place.
    So a person can walk all around inside the place with weapon hanging out in the open; and no one complains nor asks that person to leave ?
    --ET

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    So a person can walk all around inside the place with weapon hanging out in the open; and no one complains nor asks that person to leave ?
    I think the question more along the lines of concealed, checking bags, etc. which is what I meant. Although out there, I wouldn't be shocked to see someone OC and no one caring. I wouldn't do it personally.
    -Brandon

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    No one checks, trust me. You can freely come and go at this place.
    ^^^this^^^

If you're concealed, nobody is gonna know or care really.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I wouldn't try that one, as I said before. Open carry, your probably going to be asked to leave. At minimum, they're going to ask you to leave it in your car.

They've never had security checks anywhere, because you don't have to pay a fee to enter the park. It's wide open and you can Walk around and pay nothing if you like. You only pay if you want to ride. Makes it great for taking older kids.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    As of May 29th 2021 - Hersheypark does have metal detectors you now walk thru along with the bag check. They are not like the airport detectors, but look more like the security at a mall door. Here is the link that shows their system. https://blooloop.com/theme-park/news...ity-screening/ Watch the video it detects multiple things to include weapons.
    I was just at Hershey Park since they installed the new detectors. I had a small pistol since I was wearing shorts and no proper belt so I went for the Ruger. The metal detector did NOT pick up my pocket carry Ruger LCPII (in an Alabama Holster).

They screwed around with my kids on their mask policy this year, so I'm done with them.

Knoebel's is more fun anyways...less lines, no getting stuck in line while the people with Fast Track jump the line (this ruined the park), A LOT less money and less tourists from the East.

Del Grosso's is another one we'll visit...they have sauce.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

My last trip to Hershey was for the Guns N'Roses concert, which was at the stadium. They had metal detectors so no carry, which is ironic that it was a Guns N'Roses concert.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Like LRT says in the previous post, I have the right to carry, and if it's not illegal, I wish to do so. I already know it's not ILLEGAL to carry at an amusement park, as I have my LTC. However, I am trying to find out if anyone has had experience with carrying there, or if anyone has information on their stance with weapons on the premises.

Welcome to the forum, and the world of firearms ownership and rights. One thing you'll see a lot on here is the following phrase, which sums up why I ask about places like this:

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"
    I went and carried. If you go iwb you'll be fine. A lot of out of state visitors visit that park and sure as shit some of them are packing heat. I won*t be the one fooked if something should pop off. I don't do rides so chances of it falling out are minimal.
    If you do the rides then get a good snap holster. Bag searches at front gate only.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Chester County)

Back to the topic of Hersheypark, does their new eqpt. apply to Chocolate World as well or has nothing changed there? Sometimes we just go there and not to the full park.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal View Post
    Back to the topic of Hersheypark, does their new eqpt. apply to Chocolate World as well or has nothing changed there? Sometimes we just go there and not to the full park.
    Chocolate World sucks any more. They used to give you a full sized Hershey bar but now they just give you a 'fun sized' nugget.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast