Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    I'm new to the whole gun scene, and I'm not trying to break your balls here, but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to carry in an amusement park.

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations. I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.
    Guess you havent been to Hersey Park then. If you go, go early and leave early, the scum of the earth (obviously not referring to everyone) goes in the evening. When I went last year with my family, we opened the place up and had a decent parking spot and a nice time. When leaving, say about 4pm, the riff raff were showing up and there was a near accident and fight over the parking spot I was vacating.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wewo View Post
    Guess you havent been to Hersey Park then. If you go, go early and leave early, the scum of the earth (obviously not referring to everyone) goes in the evening. When I went last year with my family, we opened the place up and had a decent parking spot and a nice time. When leaving, say about 4pm, the riff raff were showing up and there was a near accident and fight over the parking spot I was vacating.
    I was there this past summer actually. I've always had a good experience there.

Now if this thread's title was 'Six Flags Great Adventure', I'd not have asked the question I did. Take bodyguards if you go there.

(Lebanon County)

My wife and I have had season passes for 15+ years and go several times a year. In all the time I have never felt the need to carry. I'm not suggesting that anyone else should or should not carry in the park, but for me it's not an issue.

As far as I know there has never been a problem there that a gun would have solved. Most of the time it's crowded and I wouldn't be able to safely shoot without endangering bystanders anyway. The ride seats are tight and it would be very uncomfortable for me to ride with a gun. Taking all these things into account, I have concluded that carrying in the park isn't worth the hassle.

Yes, I know bad things can happen any time, any where. I know I should carry any place I can to be as safe as I can. That said, sometimes I look at the situation and make an informed decision to not carry. I probably have a better chance of being injured on the rides then being assaulted in the park.

Like I said, this is just me. There are no signs or anything printed on the tickets or in the season pass booklet that prohibit carry in the park so I would have no ethical problem doing it, I just don't fee the need. Go for it if you feel the need.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    I was there this past summer actually. I've always had a good experience there.

Now if this thread's title was 'Six Flags Great Adventure', I'd not have asked the question I did. Take bodyguards if you go there.
    oh yeah six flags requires shotgun carry to feel safe, glad you had a better experience at Hershey than I did; my wife does not want to go back, which is fine with me.

dani Guest

ive never seen any issues or problems at hersheypark before. like previously mentioned, six flags on the other hand...that has me looking around dark corners before i walk by them. i wouldnt want to carry if i was going to an amusement park, how can you enjoy all the rides without worrying that your gun may *somehow* fall out. im just paranoid haha

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    However, I am trying to find out if anyone has had experience with carrying there, or if anyone has information on their stance with weapons on the premises.
    The only sign/ notice I ever noticed was on a small sign close to the main enterance (I forget if it's just outside, or inside the main gates, that listed prohibited items, very small and very out of the way. the only way I saw it, was I was deliberately lookign for something like it.

for other questions, upto this year Hershey Park in the Dark (Holloween) and Christmas Candy Lane (Opens just after Thanksgiving, Runs through the Christmas Season) were free. You paid to park, and then paid for tickets to ride rides, cost varied 1 or 2 tickets for little kiddie rides to 3 or 4 tickets for bigger rides that were in operation. You could also buy a $20 (I think it was) wrist band to ride all you wanted. This year Holoween was $20 per person, but all the rides were free, and I heard, but couldn't confirm that Candy Lane was $10 per, but after Holoween, I wasn't spending $7 to park just to find out I had to pay to enter.

As to why carry, I carry to protect myself adn family everywhere I can. I used to carry only when I went to Harrisburg, or Lebanon (risk management) then I started thinking along the lines of lik e a seatbelt, if I didn't have it when I needed it (and can never tell when I'll need it), I'd be stuffed. I also was talking to a lwayer friend who said if I ever needed to use it, one of the questions that will come up is why were you carrying a gun that day. with a follow-up of if you were expecting trouble why not just not go there. If I could respond that I carry everywhere I legally can everyday, it's then a non-starter, and shows a mind set of being prepaired for trouble. As for going off on the Super-duper-looper, I'd be more concered with it falling out of a cheep holster than going off. However, I don't worry about that, as I don't ride many rides, I'm there for the kids to have fun, and watch them doing it.

(Chester County)

I have carried in Hershey park many times. No body search. No detectors. Six flags is a dump and a gangbangers vacation. What do you expect it is NJ.

As for the comment by KYPT about needed or feeling the need to carry in HP. I have no fear in the park I feel safe. But what about my 2 hour drive there. Then the drive home at night. How about the restaurant or gas station. What if my car breaks down. Just cause your destination is a pretty safe place the journey might not be.

The funny thing is that $hit happens in the most unexpected places. Like a one room school house in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but cow $hit and simple people and evil was there. Go figure.

(Philadelphia County)

I carried all day IWB,just made the seats seem a little tighter. Or maybe that was all the BBQ during the summer. Hershey beats 6gun flags any day. My last trip I felt under gunned w/only .45. Not to hijack: Great Wolf is another real nice place. Locked up pistol in safe while out in the park,felt very comfortable doing so. Carried out to dinnner/shopping at the outlets and still felt ok. Something to do w/being 2 hrs away f/ city I guess.YMMV
    Handguns are like smoke detectors...one for every floor in your house.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    As for the comment by KYPT about needed or feeling the need to carry in HP. I have no fear in the park I feel safe. But what about my 2 hour drive there. Then the drive home at night. How about the restaurant or gas station. What if my car breaks down. Just cause your destination is a pretty safe place the journey might not be.

The funny thing is that $hit happens in the most unexpected places. Like a one room school house in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but cow $hit and simple people and evil was there. Go figure.
    Well said, Lou. My point exactly on the carry issue. You just never know when/where something is going to happen. I do agree that carrying is an informed choice, but I choose to carry more often than not wherever possible, and legal.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; January 14th, 2007 at 11:16 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Default Concealed Carry at Hershey Park?

Anyone have information on this? I know they don't have metal detectors or pat downs, but I'm just curious? I'm going in a month or so.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast