Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Hershey Park CC?

ive carried my p3at there in a pocket holster. when i go on the rides its in my back pocket usually pocket buttoned shut ( shorts ). even if you didnt have buttons sitting on it keeps it in place.
    No longer posting

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    I've been wondering this same thing. The thing that concerns me the most is when I'm being whipped around in the Great Bear whether on not somebody is going to get a free Glock 30 that comes flying on to their lap a few hundred yards away :P

I carry IWB at 4:00, or a pocket carry a Kahr Mk40.
    If you have to worry about it that much you need a better holster...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bighornjd View Post
    If you have to worry about it that much you need a better holster...
    Agreed, when I go to either Dorney or Hershy I use my Sidearmor IWB holster. I hate the lack of retention, however, I am in no fear of it flying out.

I have not been to either park in years. The last time I went there were no metal detectors at either.
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

(Berks County)

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, guys, but I was wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences at Hershey. Have some free tickets for the coming weekends, so my wife and I may be going. I would like to conceal there, but am a little wary if they have brought up metal detectors in the interim.

I know people here have said they never saw any, but the last post was in October of last year, so a lot can change!

(Lackawanna County)

I've never seen wands, they do a cursory bag inspection.

That said, you may want to call them to make sure that they are open...they took a real hammering during last weeks flooding.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Delaware County)

Them and knobles got beat up on the 8th lots of flooding and damage I know knobles is still closed, was supposed to go tomorrow. Not sure about HP, I would call.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Dauphin County)

Definitely would call, more than likely they will not open for the rest of the season due to flood/water damage. Even if they do, probably only the kiddy rides will be running, most of the rollers are closed for the season. I just talked to an employee this evening who told me the above.

CALL FIRST...!!!!

(Lebanon County)

they'll be open for the first time since the flood on Saturday. As for carry, no pat downs, no wands, but random bag checks (more for outside food than anything else).

(York County)

They are only looking for outside food, and they don't even do a good job at that. I was there a few weeks ago with kids and strolled in tow, didn't even check our bags.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

Thread revival. Going to park this weekend and plan to carry. Still no pat downs or metal detectors? One of the reasons I got a CCL is to carry in these invironments. If my plan was to leave my self defense gun at home I woulda bought a shot gun.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast