Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default colt diamondback looking for your opinion on a possible purchase

I found a beatiful shooter made in 1976 only bad is the front sight has had an orange insert added. No original grips or box or paperwork. The only blue missing is on the front sight blade where the mod was done. It is very convincing to be original. I had to take out a magnifing glass. Price is a little high for me. My question is do you think the orange insert detracts from the value enough that this pistol should be cheap? It not stupid high. By cheap i mean a grand at most

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: colt diamondback looking for your opinion on a possible purchase

The orange addition should not take any value off the firearm. It is not permanent and can be changed back, albeit a little work. Look an GB to see what they are getting and go from there, if the rest is exceptionally clean, it might be worth the price. Without the original grips, that's a different story, does he have them? He should not be asking a premium price without them, but you have to decide how bad you want it. It's still not of age to be a true collectors item.
    Last edited by Pa.Sniper; August 25th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

(Montgomery County)

thanks forgot to mention it a 2 1/2 inch

(Luzerne County)

It is only worth parts.

Where is it?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

How much is it listed for?

I wouldn't be able to tell you much about the value, but I've handled and shot a 4" nickel Colt Diamondback and it's an awesome piece. The trigger is amazing.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for your guys input. I bought it today. It was a tanners sport center. It was a Mr. Wilson gun. If you are not familiar he is a gunsmith who god rest his soul just recently passed away. I was going to have him do a work on a 1911 by was not able to get the pistol to him in time. The revolver is the tightest I have ever felt. I probably over paid but I do not regret it. Finding a better shooter will not happen. I figured as much about the grips really ruining the value but who knows with a call to colt i may get lucky and this was one of the late d series that came out with target grips. Then its just sit back and wait to find a set.

(Philadelphia County)

Jealous! I want one for carry so bad. I was supposed to go to tanners within the last week but didn't have time. Lucky you
    The d frame grips pop up often on the colt forum and I believe you may be able to find a python (is it 2 pin?) front sight on brownells but if its a shooter I'd leave the insert, that gentlemen did it for a reason and right now I'm looking Into purchasing a replacement fiber optic front sight for my python.
    Lets see some pics!
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.