Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Washington County)

Default Re: .22 suppressor companies?

Quote Originally Posted by shawmutt View Post
    I just purchased a Ruger SR22 with threaded barrel, and once I have the money saved up I'll be going through the process of getting a suppressor. I'm in research mode now and looking up different vendors. Does anyone have a favorite?

So far in my rudimentary research, I've found that I want one I can take apart and clean.
    Huntertown Arms 22 suppressors are our number 1 seller at $179 for the standard one. If you are near Washington, PA, make an appointment and stop by and shoot one of the 4 we have in inventory (two types of 22, one 308, and one 9mm). Plus we have the new nano model coming in a few weeks for our M&P22

Tredd Barton
    Washington County Guns & Suppressors

Thumbs down Re: .22 suppressor companies?

So, here we are, 4 months later. I got my money back from that dealer, and will never set foot in that place again. I'm not sure how they sounded so confused every time I called. I really didn't want to deal with that place anyway, with their 100% markup of .22 ammo and super-expensive (but eventually reduced!) p-mags.

I guess it's for the best, as Huntertown just updated their cans. I had some bills to take care of with the refunded money, but will be saving up to try again in the spring.

Thanks for the replies, I will definitely take your companies into consideration when I make my second attempt in a couple months.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by awfroadan View Post
    Are you waiting on form 3's to get the item to your dealer? If not and you're waiting for the actual item to get into stock, then get your money back and order from a local place that has them in stock or order online from The Silencer Shop. I ordered two cans from them in September and they Efiled the form 3's. They were approved and at my transferring dealer ready for paperwork in 47 days including the gov shutdown. Good luck. Ask the local dealer you are going through if they are set up for Efiling. If they are not try to get them to do it as it's the best chance to get it approved quicker. Efiled form 1 and 4 items right now are averaging 90-100 day approvals. Form 3's even quicker as in my case.
    NOT all true. the form1's might be, but Form 4"s are still at least7 months. Just because you efiled it does not jump you in front of the thousands of other mailed in applicants.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    NOT all true. the form1's might be, but Form 4"s are still at least7 months. Just because you efiled it does not jump you in front of the thousands of other mailed in applicants.
    Exactly.
    For some reason people do not understand that when a new filing system is implemented that there will be a number of test subjects pushed through the system to ensure it is operating properly.

....But a very small part of me can see .gov leaving the March-September applicants in the cold to wait it out and keep pushing the new ones.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    I never said it jumped you to the front of the line, but said it was your best shot at getting approved as soon as possible. When I posted that approval time estimate it was correct using the current data according to NFAtracker.com. Yes today I would not post what I did a month+ ago as things have changed, but at the time I posted with the data available to me. As an NFA dealer are you against efiling?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234