Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default info on harrington & richardson centennial

I have two harrington & richardson centennials with consecutive serial #'s. These are trap door 45-70 cal officer models. These are unfired in the box. My question is, who would be interested in this type of gun? Military collector, centennial collector, H&R collector....? I know a response may be all 3 but I’m not sure if these were made for show pieces or for a specific group that could be involved in reenactments. Any help on the history would be helpful also. I have GOOGLED it but......

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: info on harrington & richardson centennial

H&R Collectors would be the most interested. ...there are a number of us around.

They are working models of the original and capable of shooting Trapdoor pressure level 45-70's.

Those H&R Trapdoors are gaining in value, especially unfired guns. The Centennial's were made to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of H&R which was founded in 1871. So those guns are likely 42 years old. H&R also had a centennial HK4(Heckler & Koch) handgun too.

Auction prices range from $500 to well over $1200 for them. ...better condition, higher the asking price. With (2) of them in consecutive numbers you could put a higher package price than them individually.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

P.S.:

H&R collectors aren't usually rich people..

And you're a lucky bastage for having those!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Indiana County)

Thanks for the info!

The reason i ask is because i have no use for them, I don't want to shoot them, I can't (or don't want to) hunt with them, and i hate to hang them on the wall in case someone steals them. So, with that said i may let them go.

Thanks again.

(Jefferson County)

The folks at GraybeardOutdoors has a special H&R classified section that you may want to post them on.

GBO's took over H&R/NEF's peer-to-peer support section many years ago and that is where most N&R/NEF collectors hit for info and stuff.

Be sure to post in "H&R Classifieds" section - http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php#c12