Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default 2 guns 2 problems

So I have the new version of Beretta PX4 Storm the type-F I think. And my wife has the Ruger SR22. Both with over 100 rounds thru them SR22 probably closer to 300. I cleaned both of them a week before we shot them. So the Storm I heard of having magazine issues. And its not feeding good I thought it was the PMC ammo but I switched to Blazers which aren't the best but never had a problem with them. At least once a magazine it won't feed and the last round won't lock the slide back. The SR22 shot good the first 30 rounds but the last magazine. It would fire then the next round even leave the magazine. Did it the 10 rounds of the magazine. I figured I'd ask you guys before I send them back.

Default Re: 2 guns 2 problems

I say operator error!

CL

(Lehigh County)

For the PX4 storm, it sounded like weak ammo.
    For the SR22, what brand of ammo was used? My SR22 had minor issues on bulk ammo on the first 300-400 rounds. After that it's no issues other than the occasional dud round.

Note: OP, I had to read your post 2-3 times.. I suggest some commas and periods.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by filgun11 View Post
    For the SR22, what brand of ammo was used? My SR22 had minor issues on bulk ammo on the first 300-400 rounds. After that it's no issues other than the occasional dud round.

Note: OP, I had to read your post 2-3 times.. I suggest some commas and periods.
    Sorry I was half watching Mountain Men when I typed it.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by filgun11 View Post

.22 Federal Champion. PX4 storm used 115 and never had fail for the slide to lock back. I had one miss feed before this. And I think I limp wristed it.
    Now I don't know

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Infantry View Post
    . . . The SR22 shot good the first 30 rounds but the last magazine. It would fire then the next round even leave the magazine. Did it the 10 rounds of the magazine. I figured I'd ask you guys before I send them back.
    No idea what your problem is.

FWIW, my SR22 had feeding issues early in its life with lower power and/or lower weight, lead nosed bullets. The second round in any new mag would not feed properly, jamming. My wife's "limp wristing" produced many other feed issues.

Running it with more oil than one would normally use, and oiled as specified in the manual, eliminated those problems. By 500 rounds just running it a little wet was enough. I've had 7 failures to load, most on the second round in the magazine, in the last 2500+ rounds. The pistol was dirty and dry.

Check the storm with an empty mag and an empty chamber. Push mag in once all is empty and pull slide back to see if it will lock. If it doesn't, then the follower is not hitting the slide lock like it is supposed to. If it locks back, then you may want to try stiffer wrist, better ammo, or both.

I'd try CCI ammo and cleaning the SR before sending it in. Keep it clean until it wears in, some. Still unclear as to what the SR is doing (explanation is unclear), but they are know to have some teething when new.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Delaware County)

Tough to diagnose without seeing either of them. Make sure the bolt face on them is clean. {no gunk around the extractor}
    Like mentioned, run the Beretta wet for a while. If your running factory ammo, I think it should run any of it. Not like your breaking in a tight fitted 1911.

The 22? Who knows, finding the right combo of ammo might be the culprit.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I say operator error!

CL
    As another said, if you pull the slide back with an empty mag does it stay back? If so, likely not a gun problem, may be limp wristing.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Infantry View Post
    So I have the new version of Beretta PX4 Storm the type-F I think. And my wife has the Ruger SR22. Both with over 100 rounds thru them SR22 probably closer to 300. I cleaned both of them a week before we shot them. So the Storm I heard of having magazine issues. And its not feeding good I thought it was the PMC ammo but I switched to Blazers which aren't the best but never had a problem with them. At least once a magazine it won't feed and the last round won't lock the slide back. The SR22 shot good the first 30 rounds but the last magazine. It would fire then the next round even leave the magazine. Did it the 10 rounds of the magazine. I figured I'd ask you guys before I send them back.
    Before you send it back shoot some real ammo out of it and see what happened e.g Speer Gold dot, Winchester ranger , Remington GS et.c.

Those high quaqlity defense pistols do not like the cheap bargain besement ammo- too loght a recoil impulse to properly operate the gun.

Secondly have another person shoot the gun to rule out operatopr errors- improper gripping , limp wristing etc. Do that and you might save yourself a lot of headaches.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast