Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Just a thought on local laws

Has anyone noticed that every time we see a preemption violation, and go to the municipality that has adopted the code, you usually see some sort of cookie cutter ordinance that looks like the council just slapped their name in a giant enigma machine and spat out a new ordinance prohibiting carrying, shooting, crossdressing, etc. Has anyone done any digging into the online printing presses that seem to have became the norm for local governance.? Ecode360.com comes to mind..... seems like townships all over the country are using it to perhaps blindly pass legislation that in many cases seems to contradict state or federal law....

I am guilty of it myself but how many of you have been to a local council meetings to discuss this? Who is writing our laws for us? Trust me when i saw it is not our legislators, they jut put their rubber stamp of approval on it... what do you guys think?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Just a thought on local laws

You will be surprised how many "no firearms" signs at parks and such are not backed up by ordinance at all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    You will be surprised how many "no firearms" signs at parks and such are not backed up by ordinance at all.
    So very true. I wonder even with an ordinance is it a violation if it is never enforced. I gave notice to a near by borough and their solicitor said no action, no violation.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    So very true. I wonder even with an ordinance is it a violation if it is never enforced. I gave notice to a near by borough and their solicitor said no action, no violation.
    You mean having an illegal law on the books bit just not enforcing it?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    IMHO, that solicitor is a liar, or an idiot, or both. 6120 says 'shall not regulate' not 'shall not prosecute'.

Time for another OC picnic, invite the whole council, the solicitor, the Chief of Police... and the media!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Here is some!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that every time we see a preemption violation, and go to the municipality that has adopted the code, you usually see some sort of cookie cutter ordinance that looks like the council just slapped their name in a giant enigma machine and spat out a new ordinance prohibiting carrying, shooting, crossdressing, etc. Has anyone done any digging into the online printing presses that seem to have became the norm for local governance.? Ecode360.com comes to mind..... seems like townships all over the country are using it to perhaps blindly pass legislation that in many cases seems to contradict state or federal law....

I am guilty of it myself but how many of you have been to a local council meetings to discuss this? Who is writing our laws for us? Trust me when i saw it is not our legislators, they jut put their rubber stamp of approval on it... what do you guys think?
    Check with Gnbrotz on the forum. Many of these ordinances were packages of standard ordinances purchased from the same place. I guess the idea is you buy the package, take out what you don't like and add what you need as time goes on. So, yeah, a lot of it came from the same place and I think GNbrotz might know what that place is.