Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry NJ residents with NH non resident ccw permits

Now that PA does not recognize FL non resident permits we thought NH would be one of our alternatives to ccw in PA. Well, that will go away, it seems that
    NH changed its laws (see their renewal app)that states you must submit a copy of your resident state ccw permit either for a new or renewal permit. NJ residents now only have a few other alternatives for PA ccw until the PA AG
    removes them.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: NJ residents with NH non resident ccw permits

Quote Originally Posted by bear claw View Post
    Now that PA does not recognize FL non resident permits we thought NH would be one of our alternatives to ccw in PA. Well, that will go away, it seems that
    NH changed its laws (see their renewal app)that states you must submit a copy of your resident state ccw permit either for a new or renewal permit. NJ residents now only have a few other alternatives for PA ccw until the PA AG
    removes them.
    Sadly the whole non-resident license without also having a home state one is going the way of the dinosaurs, soon to be extinct.

New Jersey residents need to stop electing people that love to take their freedom away so you can enjoy being able to carry in your own state instead of brief encounters with freedom in PA.

(Montgomery County)

I believe a NJ resident's only option is Utah non-resident. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Utah gives PA and DE which are good for NJ residents.

(Jefferson County)

Unfortunately, regardless to what non-resident license you have - you would be breaking NJ's own laws just to transport your gun to PA to merely carry.

The only way you could carry in PA on the NH/UT/other license is if you had a NJ permit to get from your home to the PA line, or transported to a NJ exempted location first(within PA) like a gunsmith, shooting range, hunting location, or business that you own.

Then to return you must also return directly from one of those exempted locations in PA as defined under NJ law.

Example: You leave your home and go directly to a shooting range in PA, shoot then leave. While within PA you can carry under your NH/UT/other permit. When you want to go home back in NJ you would have to return to the range and shoot again - then go home.

That is how NJ's laws is written to allow things.
    Last edited by knight0334; August 13th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

I know this is fantasy, but a LTCF from one state should be good everywhere. Just the fact one has a LTCF shows they are a law-abiding gun owner because criminals would never subject themselves to the scrutiny of the process to get a LTCF. Could you imagine if your driver's license was only good in your state, but you had to park your car at the New Jersey border and either walk or take the bus when you crossed?

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Sadly the whole non-resident license without also having a home state one is going the way of the dinosaurs, soon to be extinct.

New Jersey residents need to stop electing people that love to take their freedom away so you can enjoy being able to carry in your own state instead of brief encounters with freedom in PA.
    No disrespect soberbyker but PA is the state that elected Kane also a state that's going to have a really hard time getting a conservative governor elected so the whole voting thing is about to fail PA too, remove the major cities and nj is very much like PA, gun friendly neighbors with support from local officials and PD for the 2nd amendment, the problem is the cities is what controls the states now and we know who controls the cities
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

I travel to NJ very frequently. Folks in PA are appalled when I tell them that if I cross the Border into NJ with my holstered firearm I am subject to a lengthy stay in prison, and NJ LEOs will do everything they can to ruin my life and my family's lives for it. All of this while the state of PA and by extension other states trust me to go so armed outside my home.

NJ seems to think that just being in their state instantly makes me so unstable and criminally inclined that I should be forbidden from going armed there. No matter that in much of the rest of the US, I am so law abiding that I can be armed.

I always thought that those anti-gun states and countries, through their laws, are sending a message to everyone else: our residents are all so criminally inclined that they are all ruled prohibited persons right off the bat. England and Aussie and all those other places must be filled with nut cases and felons since they all need to be presumptively disarmed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    No disrespect soberbyker but PA is the state that elected Kane also a state that's going to have a really hard time getting a conservative governor elected so the whole voting thing is about to fail PA too, remove the major cities and nj is very much like PA, gun friendly neighbors with support from local officials and PD for the 2nd amendment, the problem is the cities is what controls the states now and we know who controls the cities
    Kane was elected because the bitterness of the Penn State scandal was fresh. She did not run her anti gun campaign rhetoric (the loophole crap) anywhere but the big cities during her run for office.

PA is a much larger state than NJ and in the rural areas there is a lot of support for gun rights even by those who normally oppose most other subjects that are so called conservative.

Can what happened to NJ happen here, anything is possible, but it's not likely.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    You could whittle NJ down to 1% of it's most pro gun citizens and they wouldn't be as pro-gun as 50% of PA.

Gun politics is not just about a simple majority. It is also about how many people are going to show up armed and scream bloody murder. We are approaching a 10% carry rate in PA. You can't find 10% of people that agree with carry in Jersey. Something as simple as requiring a license to buy a gun in PA, as is done in NJ, would be political suicide. Possibly corporeal suicide.

Could it go south? Of course. Maybe it will. But if you think people in PA are going to stand for becoming NJ because of one election then you have a another thing coming.

Well Obama won PA twice, even after announcing his gun control plan, even after calling pa residents bible clinging gun nuts or whatever

PA is a blue state sadly, believe me I love it her especially after I moved into philly I love pa more, hate philly but love pa, I just don't think pa will remain safe from the liberal infection
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast