Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glock 19 Alternative

Been carrying a glock 19 IWB for about 2 years now. This summer I realized its a little harder to conceal (Probably because I'm not getting any thinner) So I am wondering what are some peoples summer carry guns. I am looking into some of the thinner, single stack 9mm options or possibly the XDS in 45.

Default Re: Glock 19 Alternative

I have a Kahr CW9 that is much more comfortable to carry that my G19.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

I've been carrying the xds 9mm all summer. IWB @ 5 o'clock, with any pair of shorts with belt loops. Untucked T-shirts cover it no prob.
    Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...specnic75.html

(Lancaster County)

I have both a Kahr CM9 (smaller) and Kahr CW9. I would recommend either of them. The CM9 replaced a S&W J Frame revolver for summer carry and I added a CW9 to my collection when I saw it in the classifieds for a good price.

The CM9 I can pocket carry with most of my clothes. I have several friends that have purchased a CM9 after shooting mine. I have also owned the Beretta Nano and S&W Shield and I greatly prefer the Kahr over the others..

For the rare instance I can't carry the CM9, I carry a Ruger LCP. It has also been flawless for me....

(Blair County)

Kimber Ultra CDP II

I have both the G19 & the CW9, great choices when you want
    To alternate your carry weapon.

(Montgomery County)

Why not staying with a platform that you are familiar with? A glock 26/27 is very easy to conceal. I carry them all summer without any issues at all. I prefer the G27. I have been carrying it since it come out several years ago. Accurate, light and compact.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy19 View Post
    Been carrying a glock 19 IWB for about 2 years now. This summer I realized its a little harder to conceal (Probably because I'm not getting any thinner) So I am wondering what are some peoples summer carry guns. I am looking into some of the thinner, single stack 9mm options or possibly the XDS in 45.
    Soley based on the red comment, have you tried buying a bigger shirt? I'm a short big dude and with a shirt that was one size bigger than I normally wear I was able to comfortably conceal a Glock 17.

For a single stack 9mm I currently have a Springfield EMP. From a price point perspective, I wish I would have bought a Sig P239.
    If you are looking for thin and compact I really like the Kahr MK9. I've been wanting to try a Sig P938 but I wanna try before I buy.

Also the XDS comes in 9mm so not sure why you'd go to a .45(unless of course you own something in that caliber as well).

And if I had to recommend 1 more gun in the "light weight summer carry gun" category, it'd be the Smith and Wesson 642 j-frame.

(Cambria County)

CW40 KAHR is what I have been carrying for the last couple of years without any issues, very easy to carry.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    I have both a Kahr CM9 (smaller) and Kahr CW9. I would recommend either of them. The CM9 replaced a S&W J Frame revolver for summer carry and I added a CW9 to my collection when I saw it in the classifieds for a good price.

The CM9 I can pocket carry with most of my clothes. I have several friends that have purchased a CM9 after shooting mine. I have also owned the Beretta Nano and S&W Shield and I greatly prefer the Kahr over the others..

For the rare instance I can't carry the CM9, I carry a Ruger LCP. It has also been flawless for me....
    I have a G19 but wanted something smaller to carry from time to time. I god a CM9 and really like the quality and the way it carries. If glock made a single stack 9, it would look like the CM9.

I got a J frame cause I always wanted a revolver. Love it and since I can pocket carry it, it kinda replaced the CM9. After I got a Shield (wanted and M&P), don't really carry the CM9. Not because I don't like, but because I don't want to have too many guns so I am selling it.

That said, the CM9 is such a nice piece, that I might sell the Shield instead because it seems to be in more demand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast