Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Ross Township Shooting Gives Rise to Anti Moves

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brea...county_of.html

Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski said the state's Uniform Firearms Act is structured in such a way that anybody can walk into a city council or township meeting with a gun and nothing can be done to stop them.

“I’m not against the Second Amendment; I don’t care if you own a gun, 10 guns or 100 guns,” Pawlowski said. “But I do believe you shouldn’t be able to bring a gun into a municipal building, especially a city council meeting where we’re having very heated conversations sometimes.”

III% - Stand and be counted

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ross Township Shooting Gives Rise to Anti Moves

“But I do believe you shouldn’t be able to bring a gun into a municipal building,"

Ummmm, I'm kind of confused here. I thought the shooter shot through the building walls. Also, do these dopes think a sign will prevent nutcases from doing this again? Because nutcases always pay attention to signs and laws. Third, they probably want to do this because the only people that carry legally are the level headed taxpayers that stand up to them...make it illegal and they won't come.

Last, how often does this happen? I can guarantee more people die falling out of bed than at town council meetings. These disingenuous evil doers will use any "crisis" to further their agenda!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    “But I do believe you shouldn’t be able to bring a gun into a municipal building,"

Ummmm, I'm kind of confused here. I thought the shooter shot through the building walls. Also, do these dopes think a sign will prevent nutcases from doing this again? Because nutcases always pay attention to signs and laws. Third, they probably want to do this because the only people that carry legally are the level headed taxpayers that stand up to them...make it illegal and they won't come.

Last, how often does this happen? I can guarantee more people die falling out of bed than at town council meetings. These disingenuous evil doers will use any "crisis" to further their agenda!
    We knew it wouldn't take long for this kind of crap to start.

How about "I don't believe I should be killed in a municipal building". Since there is absolutely no way a sign or ordinance can prevent a nut-jub from trying to kill me in a municipal building the only way I can try and prevent my demise is by being armed.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Northampton County)

One of my coworkers lives in the development next to that Township building and heard helicopters but said she didn't hear the shots.

She found out about the shooting that night because her son called her from California at 11PM and said he saw the story on CNN.

How the hell does it hit CNN nationally that quickly? Of course they are tring to make it the next big deal to carry on about.

(Allegheny County)

I'll just translate this as the standard:

"I don't care if you have guns... as long as they are left at home in a safe each individually locked and the ammo kept in a separate safe... you know... so they are USELESS"

I just open carry now... if they don't like it.. to bad.

WE ALL NEED TO START BURNING UP THE PHONES AGAIN AND HOW ABOUT A OPEN CARRY RALLY IN A-TOWN

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    WE ALL NEED TO START BURNING UP THE PHONES AGAIN AND HOW ABOUT A OPEN CARRY RALLY IN A-TOWN

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    We just had an OC Car Wash.... LVOC is planning a meet and greet for later this month....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

How about local politicians remember who they serve. None of their decisions should ever be made lightly, they may come back to haunt them!

(Cumberland County)

A "rule" saying this guy couldn't have brought a gun to a city council meeting wouldn't have prevented this.

Has any rule or law banning guns in a certain place prevented gun violence in said place? Lets look back in recent history and find out........

(Bucks County)

Wait I thought its already against the law to bring firearms into most government facilities. In any case would someone who is about to shoot city council really going to worry about things like criminal possession of a firearm when they are planning on MURDERING people.

In fact one thing that would have possibly helped? It would be someone with another firearm. Instead they had to wrestle it from him and shoot him with his own gun and only after he left and came back from his car with another firearm.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast