Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default A gunman blasted shots through the wall of a Pennsylvania municipal building

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/3-...wnship-meeting

Sorry if this has already been posted.

A gunman shot through a wall and into a regular monthly meeting of Ross Township in northeastern Pennsylvania, killing three people.

SAYLORSBURG, Pa. — A gunman blasted shots through the wall of a Pennsylvania municipal building during a meeting on Monday and then barged into the meeting room and continued firing, killing three people, before he was tackled by a local official shot with his own gun, a witness said.

The shooting, which injured some other people, happened shortly before 7:30 p.m. during Ross Township's monthly meeting, Monroe County emergency management director Guy Miller said. The gunman, who appeared to be "shooting randomly," was captured and was treated at a hospital, which was placed on lockdown, he said. The shooter later was released into police custody, the hospital said.

State police in Lehighton confirmed the four deaths and said the gunman had an ongoing dispute with township officials over the possible condemnation of his property. They said at about 15 people were at the meeting.

The Pocono Record said one of its reporters was in the township building and a gunman armed with a pistol with a scope shot through a wall into the meeting, in a rural area of northeastern Pennsylvania about 85 miles north of Philadelphia.

The reporter, Chris Reber, said all he saw was holes go through the wall, with smoke and plaster blowing out. He said he heard automatic gunfire.

"I ran out after the first round of shooting. I dropped to the floor. That's what everyone did. ... Then it stopped, and I crawled out the side door," Reber recounted to the newspaper. "I was the only person who crawled out. Everyone got behind a table. Some of the supervisors were over on the side throwing up."

Reber said a woman opened a door to the meeting room "and he (the shooter) was standing there. A man pushed her aside and was shot. People were shot inside the room."

The shooter returned to his car and came back inside with another weapon when a local official at the meeting grabbed him, Reber said.

"(West End Open Space Commission executive director) Bernie Kozen was there tending to the man and he (the shooter) didn't see them," Reber said. "Bernie bear-hugged him and took him down. He shot (the shooter) with his own gun."

Ross Township has about 5,500 residents. According to its website, the board of supervisors meets at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of each month.
    I wish I had a smaller gun and less ammo

(York County)

Default Re: A gunman blasted shots through the wall of a Pennsylvania municipal building

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: A gunman blasted shots through the wall of a Pennsylvania municipal building

Just what we need: another incident to fire up the gun haters.