Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Question Handgun purchase approved LTCF denial

Hey what's up guys how are you all doing? I have a quick question maybe someone here may be able to help me out. It is possible that someone get a handgun purchase approval in PA and then that same person applies for a LTCF and gets denied?. What would be the best way to do this first try to make a purchase or should I apply for a LTCF first. I am planning to move from new York city to Allentown any other ideas what would be the most gun friendly county and quiet area to live in I also have a nyc pistol license and rifle and shotgun license would that help in any way?. I will really appreciate your input thanks.
    Last edited by GLOCK21163; July 29th, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Handgun purchase approved LTCF denial

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21163 View Post
    Hey what's up guys how are you all doing? I have a quick question maybe someone here may be able to help me out. It is possible that someone get a handgun purchase approval in PA and then that same person applies for a LTCF and gets denied?. What would be the best way to do this first try to make a purchase or should I apply for a LTCF first. I am planning to move from new York city to Allentown any other ideas what would be the most gun friendly county and quiet area to live in I also have a nyc pistol license and rifle and shotgun license would that help in any way?. I will really appreciate your input thanks.
    Yes, the requirements for an LTCF are slightly tighter than for a handgun purchase, so you can be approved to buy a handgun but denied an LTCF.
    My guess is that if you have an NYC pistol license you should probably be able to get a PA LTCF.

(Tioga County)

Yes it's possible to be able to buy a pistol but not be able to get a LTCF. the law is a little bit stricter for a LTCF. I'm not sure how bad the sheriff is in that county. It's a good thing you not moving to Philly. Getting a LTCF in Philly is a real PITA. A LTCF is issued by the sheriff of the county you reside in except for Philly. There it's issued by Philly PD. Once you have your LTCF it's good for the whole state, unlike NY where NYC is another matter. If you have a license for NY I don't expect a problem with PA.

USNRET '61-'81

The allentown makes you wait close to the limit to get your license but other than that he's not horrible. He doesn't contact references.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: Handgun purchase approved LTCF denial

Thanks guys you were very helpful I will see you soon.

(Armstrong County)

Moving to Allentown you should feel right at home since it is really NYC lite!!
    Just sayin

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

The usual answer to this issue is "it's that old weed conviction".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Yes, the requirements for an LTCF are slightly tighter than for a handgun purchase, so you can be approved to buy a handgun but denied an LTCF.
    My guess is that if you have an NYC pistol license you should probably be able to get a PA LTCF.
    I would say if you have a NYC pistol license, you can probably dance a jig in front of Obama while juggling a grenade, a 357 magnum, and a 12 ga shotgun.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Allegheny County)

The LTCF has a slightly stricter statutory requirements. Also if you have an Anti-2A sheriff they will use anything they can to deny you under the character clause.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Lehigh County)

Ok so even if i have all the requirements to be approved if for some reason the Sheriff doesn't like me he can turn around and say hey i dont't like you i am not going to approve you and that's where it ends he doesn't have to show any proof why i am been denied.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast