Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pa gun rights..

Default Pa gun rights..

I read this on another forum... So thought I would pose it to you... I know that in towns and cities in eastern PA the following is probably true... But I live in central PA and don't see anyone or anything that is "right behind NJ"

Any thoughts on how we are positioned and where we are headed would be appreciated... I have only been in PA about 2 years... So it's all still new to me..

IM sure Kane had something to do with this but PA is not far behind, they elected Kane and come election time they will elect a liberal Democrat governor, after that PA will follow NJs footsteps, PA is a blue state and only has a few Republican seats that hold control that can be lost easily

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pa gun rights..

Unfortunately unless things change this is going to happen eventually in every state. For the first time in history we have more people living in urban areas than not. The only way I see that this could change is to have an electoral college within the states as well, but this will never happen unless there is a power change.

For the record when I say power change, I am not referring to Democrat vs. Republican. I am an independent and when I say power change I am referring to people, elected or not, who honor their oath to the Constitution. Which in my experience will never happen under a Progressive. I am a firm believer that Progressivism is a cancer upon the world.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

My honest assessment, we have a lot of work ahead of us. Kane is a Bloomberg wannabe who is a enemy of the 2nd and willing to enforce what she wants vs. what the law is.

Whether you like him or hate him, Corbett is a one term Governor and is not going to get reelected. imo. He supports the 2nd but I don't think most Pennsylvanians like him. It's as simple as that. Like it or not, people have to feel good about their leaders and Corbett does not present an aura of likability. I have a feeling that Joe Sestak is going to be our next Governor and he is no friend of the 2nd. If both he and Kane are in at the same time we are going to be busy as hell preserving what we have.

State Senator Casey did not take long to stab us in the back after Sandy Hook and show his true colors. We all know what Toomey did. So we have to watch our backs at the national level.

Which leaves us with our local Reps in Harrisburg. The way I see it we need to get out and campaign/ vote for every pro 2nd rep out there if we live in a district where we already have a pro 2nd rep. The Pa house is going to be the only thing we have to fight back and protect our rights for the next few years. It is a powerful ally but we need to preserve it in our favor and make sure that it stays in our camp.

If you live in an area that does not have a pro 2nd rep, we need to find a pro 2nd rep and campaign like hell for them. We need to write letters letting both the pro and anti 2nd reps know that we are out there and are paying attention.

So basically my assessment, we are going to be seeing some hard times in Pa for the 2nd. We need to shore up the local house/Senate to survive what I see as the Stesak/Kane years until people get sick of them and vote in Pro 2nd reps again. It might be a few years but it will happen. We are faced with a rocky few years but I think we can weather it if we keep the faith/effort and focus on the state house/Senate.
    Last edited by internet troll; August 13th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    Unfortunately unless things change this is going to happen eventually in every state. For the first time in history we have more people living in urban areas than not. The only way I see that this could change is to have an electoral college within the states as well, but this will never happen unless there is a power change.

For the record when I say power change, I am not referring to Democrat vs. Republican. I am an independent and when I say power change I am referring to people, elected or not, who honor their oath to the Constitution. Which in my experience will never happen under a Progressive. I am a firm believer that Progressivism is a cancer upon the world.
    I get it when it comes to that.. Our nation as a whole is really screwed up and has been for a long time.... But my confusion came from comparing nj to pa... I'm from nj... And there are places where saying the word gun in public would get you stared at like a terrorist... Where in pa I can open carry into a convenience store walk passed a police officer grab a cup of coffee and have no one even think twice about it.... I get it... We have bad spots (Philly)... But overall my experience in pa has been vastly different to when living in nj...

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    My honest assessment, we have a lot of work ahead of us. Kane is a Bloomberg wannabe who is a enemy of the 2nd and willing to enforce what she wants vs. what the law is.

Whether you like him or hate him, Corbett is a one term Governor and is not going to get reelected. imo. He supports the 2nd but I don't think most Pennsylvanians like him. It's as simple as that. Like it or not, people have to feel good about their leaders and Corbett does not present an aura of likability. I have a feeling that Joe Sestak is going to be our next Governor and he is no friend of the 2nd. If both he and Kane are in at the same time we are going to be busy as hell preserving what we have.

State Senator Casey did not take long to stab us in the back after Sandy Hook and show his true colors. We all know what Toomey did. So we have to watch our backs at the national level.

Which leaves us with our local Reps in Harrisburg. The way I see it we need to get out and campaign/ vote for every pro 2nd rep out there if we live in a district where we already have a pro 2nd rep. The Pa house is going to be the only thing we have to fight back and protect our rights for the next few years. It is a powerful ally but we need to preserve it in our favor and make sure that it stays in our camp.

If you live in an area that does not have a pro 2nd rep, we need to find a pro 2nd rep and campaign like hell for them. We need to write letters letting both the pro and anti 2nd reps know that we are out there and are paying attention.

So basically my assessment, we are going to be seeing some hard times in Pa for the 2nd. We need to shore up the house to survive what I see as the Stesak/Kane years until people get sick of them and vote in Pro 2nd reps again. It might be a few years but it will happen. We are faced with a rocky few years but I think we can weather it if we keep the faith/effort and focus on the state house/Senate.
    Thanks that makes sense...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
    I get it when it comes to that.. Our nation as a whole is really screwed up and has been for a long time.... But my confusion came from comparing nj to pa... I'm from nj... And there are places where saying the word gun in public would get you stared at like a terrorist... Where in pa I can open carry into a convenience store walk passed a police officer grab a cup of coffee and have no one even think twice about it.... I get it... We have bad spots (Philly)... But overall my experience in pa has been vastly different to when living in nj...
    But those "bad" spots have the political power because they have the population that is more than half of the entire state. Look what just happened in Colorado. Unless we make a change it will eventually happen everywhere.

Even in states like PA, our rights are barely treading water and the Progressives are the current and sharks. Anything that treads water for too long eventually drowns or get eaten.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Chester County)

The liberal press and the liquor store unions don't like Corbett. If you ask the average citizen who the governor is they probably don't know but he's cutting poor people's free stuff. If you stay home in this election or you vote the way your union tells you to vote our freedoms will be gone forever.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

So basically my assessment, we are going to be seeing some hard times in Pa for the 2nd. We need to shore up the local house/Senate to survive what I see as the Stesak/Kane years until people get sick of them and vote in Pro 2nd reps again. It might be a few years but it will happen. We are faced with a rocky few years but I think we can weather it if we keep the faith/effort and focus on the state house/Senate.
    ....or Obama will really push the envelope to the point where voters will vote anything but a Dem. Then again, I honestly believe the Republicans are giving us false hope in order to give us the illusion of choice...at least on the national level.

I moved over from NJ about 14 months ago and I swear I'm not about to see this state turn so quickly and will do what I have to to keep it from turning into that Nazi controlled state. I love my friends and miss them as we are a bit further away...but I can not believe how so many are brainwashed into believing all these laws passed are good and helpful. Then they complain that taxes and too many laws are "killing" them...then they vote for it again!?!?!?

Please...PLEASE... let me know how I can help in any capacity to keep the sanity in PA.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Monroe County)

NJ does not have this:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wewo View Post
    NJ does not have this:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    Then why is it? Especially in Philadelphia and Delco. I am not saying it is right - just that it is being questioned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast