Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Visit to Pennsylvania...

What the AG did was completely illegal, but no one has taken it to court yet.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    What the AG did was completely illegal, but no one has taken it to court yet.
    Why not ?? This crap has got to stop !
    Jesus is Lord !

(Montgomery County)

Just a FYI Philadelphia has passed some completely unconstitutional city ordinance not honoring a Florida ltcf. I am sure that it wouldn't be able to hold water if challenged in court but just don't want you to have your firearm confiscated "temporarily". I believe it doesn't apply to resident Florida ltcf but try explaining that to the philly gun haters on the spot
    Last edited by philliesfan4884; July 29th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Residences of Pennsylvania that live in the city of Philadelphia were having a hard time getting a PA conceal permit even though we are a shall issue state so they were getting a Florida nonresident permit instead and our Atty. Gen. stop that because the Liberals and anti-gunners were blaming the crime on those who are getting out-of-state permits from FL. The rest of us in the state have to put up with bullshit of the great brotherly love city of Philadelphia. Our Atty. Gen. is slowly taking away our rights in the state she now voided Idaho from reciprocity. She's from Philadelphia and she's destroying our freedom one state at a time. If she had her way we would be a may issue state. Pennsylvania is surrounded by anti-gun states and were blamed for their gun crimes for our lax laws. Yet we do not have the seriousness of gun crimes that they do because guns actually deter crime when a society is armed like PA. Effin bullshit.
    Last edited by sigsauer357; July 29th, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Visit to Pennsylvania...

Quote Originally Posted by sigsauer357 View Post
    Residences of Pennsylvania that live in the city of Philadelphia were having a hard time getting a PA conceal permit even though we are a shall issue state so they were getting a Florida nonresident permit instead and our Atty. Gen. stop that because the Liberals and anti-gunners were blaming the crime on those who are getting out-of-state permits from FL. The rest of us in the state have to put up with bullshit of the great brotherly love city of Philadelphia. Our Atty. Gen. is slowly taking away our rights in the state she now voided Idaho from reciprocity. She's from Philadelphia and she's destroying our freedom one state at a time. If she had her way we would be a may issue state. Pennsylvania is surrounded by anti-gun states and were blamed for their gun crimes for our lax laws. Yet we do not have the seriousness of gun crimes that they do because guns actually deter crime when a society is armed like PA. Effin bullshit.
    From what I found (http://www.handgunlaw.us/ ) Fl. resident permits are fine statewide, Fl. non resident are no good anywhere in Pa. I will be going into Philly as Wifey has family there. I'll double check before taking the weapons into the land of "make the law as they go" Philly PD. All the gangsta types carry in Killadelphia but us legal, felony free people can't. Our problem here in Florida is the "I am Trayvon" folks want to take our "stand your ground" away. Don't they realize it was a self defense issue, NOT stand your ground. Jesse even was screaming "Trayvon didn't even get a jury of his peers"! Somebody tell that nut case Trayvon wasn't on trial! Anyway, thanks to all for responding!
    US Army 1965-1971

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB0 View Post
    I'm convinced that anything heard in a gun shop should raise flags about the veracity of what was heard.
    Correct.

Unless they can cite me that statute, then its all just big talk.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Right, the AG is there to enforce existing laws, correct ?
    Only the ones she agrees with, or that Bloomturd has told her are ok.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You'll be fine.

I want to point out one thing about OC. If you have no carry permit from any state, you can't transport a handgun anywhere by vehicle except range, gunshop, etc. Not even unloaded and in the trunk in a locked box. You can't even drive it to a family member's house.

So, OC is not exactly legal without a permit unless you plan to walk into PA and then walk everywhere you go. Or unless you are coming straight to a range in PA.

That does not apply to you since you have Florida permits, and OC should be fine. Keep in mind there's been a lot of buzz about Florida permits in PA news and LEO circles so if you should run into a cop you might have to explain that a resident FL permit is still honored by PA.
    Your FL permit should cover you for OC or CC. But I would consider CC as local LEO's might not know the reciprocity agreements and FL has been seen as a "backdoor" to get a licence when the local sheriff would not issue one.

It's also nice to see someone else knowing that OC without a permit is not all that practical unless you WALK EVERYWHERE, because of the strict laws on transportation.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Delaware County)

Since you had a license from bucks county, make the bucks county courthouse a first stop and get a non-resident ltcf.$20.00 and good for 5 years. Should not be a issue at all then.

Not possible for him to get a Bucks County LTC as they refuse to issue to non residents. However, Fl CCW is good everywhere including Philadelphia. Anyone stating to the contrary is wrong misinformed and doesn't know what they are talking about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast