Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why I like Bersa Pistols

I own a Bersa Thunder .380 and also a Thunder .32 and use them both for carry. They are dependable, accurate, and easy to conceal IWB.

I have 600 rounds thru the .380 with the last FTF being in the first 25 rounds.
    I have 500 rounds thru the .32 with two FTF in the first 15 rounds, since then flawless.

I like that these guns have a decocker which allow me to decock and carry with one in the chamber, leaving the first shot with a longer trigger pull. This way I can carry with the safety off, much like carrying a revolver.

Both guns are identical in size and design which allows me to use the same holsters no matter which I decide to carry.

Also these guns are clones of the Walther PPK, but at about half the price.

They are simple to break down and clean. And I have some excellent custom wood grips on them from MarschalsGrips.com

Bersa also has some excellent 9mm and .45's

I know someone is going to say it all sounds good but why carry a .380 or .32?

Well the .380 will go thru 4 layers of denim and get 11 inches of penetration in ballistic gel.

The .32 loaded with FMJ will go thru 4 layers of denim and get 12 to 14 inches of penetration in ballistic gel.

I think that is decent enough to do the job. Try a Bersa sometime.

(York County)

Default Re: Why I like Bersa Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I own a Bersa Thunder .380 and also a Thunder .32 and use them both for carry. They are dependable, accurate, and easy to conceal IWB.

I have 600 rounds thru the .380 with the last FTF being in the first 25 rounds.
    I have 500 rounds thru the .32 with two FTF in the first 15 rounds, since then flawless.

I like that these guns have a decocker which allow me to decock and carry with one in the chamber, leaving the first shot with a longer trigger pull. This way I can carry with the safety off, much like carrying a revolver.

Both guns are identical in size and design which allows me to use the same holsters no matter which I decide to carry.

Also these guns are clones of the Walther PPK, but at about half the price.

They are simple to break down and clean. And I have some excellent custom wood grips on them from MarschalsGrips.com

Bersa also has some excellent 9mm and .45's

Well the .380 will go thru 4 layers of denim and get 11 inches of penetration in ballistic gel.

The .32 loaded with FMJ will go thru 4 layers of denim and get 12 to 14 inches of penetration in ballistic gel.

I am also a Bersa fan. I have a Firestorm .380 as my EDC gun. Reliable, accurate and reasonable.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Schuylkill County)

I carry a Mini 40 Firestorm Pro (Bersa Thunder UC Pro 40) everyday. You forgot about the .40 S&W. I never had any malfunctions of any kind. It has a very long DA trigger, but your asking for trouble by not using the safety. What if something catches your hammer? You're going to have an oopsy eventually. Is it worth the risk?

FYI... the 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 do not have a magazine disconnect.

(Berks County)

The 380 Plus was my 1st gun purchase. I love it!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

My father owns a Bersa Thunder .380acp and he loves it. I think he paid like $270 for it brand new. I remember the first time at the range it would constantely stove pipe or failure to feed. But after a few boxes its got "broken in" and has been fine ever since and that was 6 years ago.
    I rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

(Philadelphia County)

My wife got a Bersa BP9CC. I'm very impressed with it across the board. It's a sweet single stack 9 with a wonderfully short trigger reset. It made me take a good look at the rest of the Bersa line.

(Susquehanna County)

My old boss used to have the Bersa Thunder (I think) in .380. Excellent shooting gun, and very accurate
    Stay armed my friends.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post

Awesome. Should come in handy should some ballistic gel wearing a cpl denim coats sticks a gun in your face. (badump bump)

Sorry, had to.

(Pike County)

I've been carrying the Thunder UC .45 for about 2 months now. So far so good. Have yet to have any issues at the range with it. Just took a little bit to get use to the weight. Quite a jump from the 9mm I use to carry

(Montgomery County)

I agree. I have the 380 CC duotone. I love it. Have never had an issue. Perfect size. Good carry piece. They should get more cred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast