Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Whitetail Preserve, Bloomsburg

It looks like I may finally be heading out to Whitetail Preserve this weekend. I'm looking forward to sighting in my Winchester Model 70 and getting some rifle practice in.

Does anyone have any advice on the range? Should I bring targets and a stapler? Can I shoot from the prone position there? Will a Saturday afternoon be really busy? Do they have ear protection available for rent?

Thanks.
    Last edited by .357MagNYC; July 18th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Default Re: Whitetail Preserve, Bloomsburg

Had a great time shooting at Whitetail Preserve this morning. Got there at 11am and my wife and I had the rifle range to ourselves. Covered pavilion with benches, so we could stay out of the sun. Beautiful spot surrounded by trees and mountains. Friendly staff.

$10 per half-hour for parties of 3 or less. Targets are provided free of charge, along with thumbtacks to put them up on the boards.

Only downside was the pavilion was infested with centipedes. Next time I go, I'll bring a can of Raid.

(Luzerne County)

I just moved to Weston and drove up there to check it out this afternoon. Lots of room , only 1 Rifle/pistol spot sadly. But everyone is real nice and the setting is beautiful. There are literally 25 different Clay stations. What makes it nice is I live 5 minutes from the place. I am not sure that it is in Bloomsburg as it is right off Rock Glen Rd. in Schuylkill County.

^ Yes, it is not actually in Bloomsburg, that's just their mailing address. On their website they say to put in 118 Boulevard Rd in Rock Glen if you're using a GPS. (My GPS didn't recognize that, though, but got me there with the Bloomsburg address. Go figure.)

Anyway, it's right by the Sugarloaf Golf Course. I think the range is in Luzerne County, though, not Schuylkill.

FYI, there was an article in the local paper a few weeks back about residents protesting noise from the range. Might be a good time to head over and show your support. (They have petitions at the range.)

There's definitely enough space on the rifle/pistol range to accommodate a few shooters, too. And the centipedes are gone!

Made it out there again this past weekend. Rifle/pistol range was big enough to accommodate 6 shooters at once. Another great experience at Whitetail Preserve.