Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

I was in the area on business a few weeks ago and decided to visit since I had heard good things. That and I had some money burning a hole in my pocket. I was impressed by the selection but annoyed by the amount of help. There were so many employees that I couldn't go more than a minute without being offered help. Maybe this is their business model or I looked like a shoplifter... Khakis and a black polo? Needless to say I was floored when I hit the dillon section. I have never seen more than a bench wrench in a local shop let a alone a 1050 and three separate stacks of sdbs 550s and 650s. I ended up with a cal conversion for my sdb in 38.

Good shop but too friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    Needless to say I was floored when I hit the dillon section. I have never seen more than a bench wrench in a local shop let a alone a 1050 and three separate stacks of sdbs 550s and 650s.
    I have to agree. Trop has an awesome selection of reloading equipment and supplies, save for powder, but I think that's the case wherever you go now these days as powder is in hot demand. The only other place that matches Trops for reloading would be Shyda's, however I'm not impressed with their staff or their attitudes.

(Lancaster County)

I hate to say it but I am starting to agree more with the negatives about Trop. I was there today and a employee was telling someone that the 22ammo is impossible to get but they have several different makers for sale online. I also noticed ther pmc 9mm is 12.99 online but 13.99 in the store. This makes the point of people saying they dont take care of the locals that paid for the new building. When they say they match prices I guess that doesnt count for online items. I read in this section where they said there 22 was inline with what other onlines stores sell it for, the fact that they use that for an excuse to charge what they do shows their character.I picked up a brick of blazer 22 from abels last week for a friend for 24.99, yes they run out fast but Trop sells it for 54.99. That is more than 100 percent higher. Do yourselves a favor and look online before you spend the extra. You can get some great deals if you take the little extra time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by p01shooter View Post
    I hate to say it but I am starting to agree more with the negatives about Trop. I was there today and a employee was telling someone that the 22ammo is impossible to get but they have several different makers for sale online. I also noticed ther pmc 9mm is 12.99 online but 13.99 in the store. This makes the point of people saying they dont take care of the locals that paid for the new building. When they say they match prices I guess that doesnt count for online items. I read in this section where they said there 22 was inline with what other onlines stores sell it for, the fact that they use that for an excuse to charge what they do shows their character.I picked up a brick of blazer 22 from abels last week for a friend for 24.99, yes they run out fast but Trop sells it for 54.99. That is more than 100 percent higher. Do yourselves a favor and look online before you spend the extra. You can get some great deals if you take the little extra time.
    You could just buy online from Trop

Quote Originally Posted by p01shooter View Post
    Ammo at the store is ammo for which they paid to have shipped there. Ammo on the website is ammo drop shipped from their supplier. It would be stupid to have it shipped to the store just to ship it again.
    Last edited by amnesia; July 19th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

(Lancaster County)

How about drop shipping some .22 to the store for us locals? Lanco is selling bricks of Blazer for $24.95...I have to think Trop could match that price with their buying power.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    How about drop shipping some .22 to the store for us locals? Lanco is selling bricks of Blazer for $24.95...I have to think Trop could match that price with their buying power.
    Trop does have bricks at about that price, they just don't last long. They usually have boxes of 50 available with a max purchase of 3 for $2.99 and up. I stop by once a week and pick up 3 boxes then swing over to Bass Pro (15 minutes away) and grab their 2 box limit. Slow but steady I've managed to accumulate a few thousand rounds this way.

III% - Stand and be counted

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Trop does have bricks at about that price, they just don't last long. They usually have boxes of 50 available with a max purchase of 3 for $2.99 and up. I stop by once a week and pick up 3 boxes then swing over to Bass Pro (15 minutes away) and grab their 2 box limit. Slow but steady I've managed to accumulate a few thousand rounds this way.
    I never thought about going to Bass Pro after Trop. Now it only makes sense...

(Lancaster County)

Just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that we price match any advertised, in-store prices on items that are in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by TropGun.com View Post
    Just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that we price match any advertised, in-store prices on items that are in stock.
    Could you also address the ammo issue above?

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast