Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

Default Re: Trop Gun

Quote Originally Posted by franklinman View Post
    The place was packed with people in line (with numbers) for gun sales.
    They either a) need a better system to expedite people's gun sales, or b) more sales people to handle them. Waiting well over an hour is ridiculous.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil4Life View Post
    They either a) need a better system to expedite people's gun sales, or b) more sales people to handle them. Waiting well over an hour is ridiculous.
    I have to agree somewhat with you on this one. It seemed that they were moving through the numbers at a decent rate, at least I kept hearing numbers being called, but I would have to really want a particular gun to stand around waiting an hour plus to be called. At least they have an awful lot of stuff to look at while you're waiting. The front check-out counter was moving along well when I went to check out though. I don't know if this is the norm for a Sunday afternoon there or not. I'm normally not a Sunday shopper but I was in the area so I just happened to stop in today.

(Cumberland County)

A few weeks ago, I stopped in to buy, not look at, a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE FDE. Went to the Express line. No numbers. Did the paperwork, paid and out the door in less than 30 minutes.

(Lancaster County)

Over the last 6 years I have bought 3 handguns at Trop (3 others else ware)and always liked going into the shop. But.......ever since the expansion and the move it seems they are trying to be a "one stop" big box retailer shop and have lost personal touch and just have too many people not working together. I traded a M&P 9 to a dealer in NY state and they refused to ship the mags, Their argument was they are illegal in NY. True but only for consumers (you and me) As an FFL in NY the shop is allowed to purchase and own high capacity items, they just cant sell them. This particular shop was going to replace the 17 round mags with ten round mags and then sell it. All completely legal. The problems ensued after I got to Trop and they could not find my dealers FFL, he sent it twice. "Well who does the FFL filing"? i ask. "lots of people" none of them available. Stupid me left the gun there. Two days later I get a call from a clueless front desk girl telling me they wont ship the gun, after I ask some questions she says "oh we can ship the gun but not the mags'. Numerous times I asked to speak with the manager that is saying no so i can refresh his understanding of FFL laws. No such luck. I had to go back to Trop, retrieve the mags and ship them to NY myself. The Gun should have shipped yesterday, four days after i first went in but i don't know because no one has called to give me a tracking number. seriously? After my gun came in, numerous more clueless people trying to understand why an AK with thirty round clips arrived from NY and more questions about what to put down for manufacturer (century or Zavasta) grabbed my gun, looked at a couple of pistols and left. The prices on guns there is now bordering on piracy. I will continue to shop for ammo there if its not online but as for guns I am going to try Horseshoe gun shop in Campbelltown or Shydas (some clueless no personality folks there to). Just sayin, Trop is out.
    Sit down! You'll never clear leather.

(Lancaster County)

Call me nuts but I miss the old store, Avery too.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

I went there Wednesday and rented two handguns for my trial run at their range. A FNS 9 and a CZ-75. As far as indoor ranges go, it was very nice and the lane fee wasn't too expensive IMHO. 2 rentals, 3 boxes of ammo, and 30 minutes only cost me $60. I'll definitely go back to try more guns.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Lancaster County)

I've never been to the new store but have found that they don't reply to email inquires and that you should call with any questions.

(York County)

Went to the new store for the first time this morning (had been to the old one quite a few times). My son and I got there right at 9.

The good:

Lots of selection on guns, gear and ammo
    Cool layout
    Nice range
    Son liked the game room

The bad:

Prices are high

Guess that shiny new store and "lounge" needs to get paid for somehow. I will go back as ammo wasn't too bad and it's only about 40 mins from home but probably not buying a gun there.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Lancaster County)

The old location under the present new management had some great prices. It was my fear as well that prices would rise to pay for the new location. I hope they continue to have some good sales. But their most recent sale does not have all that great of prices in my opinion.

(Lancaster County)

Rblakely, Thank you so much for your business. We appreciate the kind words about our shop and range as we have worked very hard to deliver the best experience to our customers. I'm sorry that you were left with the impression that our prices are high, was there a specific item or group of products that you felt were out of line with the rest of the industry. We do strive to remain competitive with our pricing and that often means listening to our customers when they tell us that we are overpriced. Along those lines we do offer price matching to ensure that our prices are the best available.

Thanks again, we look forward to having you back!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast