Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default any one notice a change in people lately ?

Since I started to open carry I haven't had many people who even give a crap that I have a gun but lately more often more people are making it a point to ask a question or I get the " hey what you got there ?" followed by the I have a this or that , which is cool with me . but has any of you guys noticed a rise in peoples reactions good , bad , curious , or indiferrent ?an what is causing this ? or is it just me ?

(Tioga County)

Default Re: any one notice a change in people lately ?

nothing much has changed here. we get the occasional out of state people. This is primarily a rural area most guys are deer hunters and or some other kind of hunter.
    guns are no big deal.
    USNRET '61-'81

(York County)

I really haven't noticed any kind of change, All I have had are positive experiences, even with LEOs. Considering some of what I have read here I think I am pretty lucky.

I am also a latecomer to the OC game, and I'm grateful to those who went before, and often took the brunt of negative reactions.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northampton County)

No. From my experience, it might be you. If you ignore other people in public they tend not to want to bother you. If you make more eye contact and smile at people they tend to speak up.

The other thing is clothing. Most people don't notice I'm carrying when I wear dark clothing, which is most of the time. If I were light shirt and pants everybody notices. Most people just don't tend to look at me unless something really stands out. I guess they just can't tell how hot I am with my clothes on

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bodymangt View Post
    Since I started to open carry I haven't had many people who even give a crap that I have a gun but lately more often more people are making it a point to ask a question or I get the " hey what you got there ?" followed by the I have a this or that , which is cool with me . but has any of you guys noticed a rise in peoples reactions good , bad , curious , or indiferrent ?an what is causing this ? or is it just me ?
    I've been spending 50+ hours per week in NJ... Obviously I don't carry there (especially OC) but everyone in my building knows I'm a gun owner.... some have even purposely came to find me, just to argue.

I find myself fucking hating "people" more than usual lately.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.