Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Man accidently shots himself, State College Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post
    False argument against +1 carry.

Guns dont go bang unless you break them or pul the trigger. Sure if it wasn't +1 it wouldn't have "gone off" but it equally wouldn't have gone off if he didn't pull the trigger.

Maybe too none of it would have happened if he had a better holster.

Mostly trigger awareness failure though.
    ^^^what he said^^^^^

III% - Stand and be counted

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The proof that you aren't objectively seeing what's there, is the fact that you disagree with an argument that isn't there.

It's legal to carry +1. It also increases the chances of an NG, from zero, to "something more than zero".
    In all fairness assuming carrying -1 equals 0% chance of NG is incorrect. I saw someone, at a range, experience a NG while racking a slide.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Dauphin County)

The proof that you aren't objectively seeing what's there, is the fact that you disagree with an argument that isn't there.

It's legal to carry +1. It also increases the chances of an NG, from zero, to "something more than zero".
    By the same token the mere fact of carrying the gun is dangerous in and of itself and increases your risk from zero to above zero.

Should we therefor not carry a gun?

While your statement did not directly say "Carrying +1 is a bad idea" you implied that carrying with one in the chamber is inherently dangerous and was therefor the cause of the ND or that had he not been +1 there wouldn't have been a ND (which you'd argue is true. I won't argue that but instead direct us back to the initial root factor of fingers and triggers.)

That is the false flag and that is what I take offense at. Trigger discipline (or lack thereof) is the issue at hand.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post

Trigger discipline (or lack thereof) is the issue at through hand.
    There fixed it for ya!

He must have been using one of these:

(Monroe County)

Interweb gunfighters don't want to hear statistics or facts unless they support their theories.

(Butler County)

Let's see a poll, how many here think he carried +1, and how many think he was a wimp who carried with an empty chamber?
    I've been a member for a bit, carry every day. I'm a wimp who can rack one up as fast as I can get on target. Haven't shot myself yet.

(York County)

Fell out of the holster=retention holster needed. I can kinda believe the "fell out" part, especially if the holster he was using was for a different gun. I admit that I am guilty of the "use what you have till you find what you need" scenario. I have a galco leather holster for a 1911, and I use it for more than that. My CZ compact clone fits in it, but loosely enough that if I bend over too far or jump (funny because I cannot do either one) or kneel, it may/will fall out. Now, knowing this, I don't use it for carry outside the house for just this reason, but I do occasionally inside if I'm just sitting ( I am disabled (spinal damage), and sometimes its just to painful to be changing holsters ). Some people though, are either to cheap to buy the right holster, or their flip-flop holster falls out from beneath their belt. The result being they're chasing their gun across the parking lot, and apparently grabbing it by the trigger, because they are complete idjits.

(Chester County)

Carrying one in the chamber means you must be aware 100 percent of the time. There is little room for mistake. This man experienced a self inflicted gunshot not because he was carrying one in the chamber but because of the mistakes he made prior to being shot.

He should have been carrying with a holster with better retention. He should not have let himself be put into a position where he was not in full control of his weapon. He should have put the bags down once he lost control of the weapon and treated the weapon with the due respect it deserves knowing that there was a cartridge in the chamber.

It's imperative that you make no mistakes when carrying a loaded firearm but if you do happen to make a mistake don't make it worse by trying quickly resolve the matter by making more mistakes.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Monroe County)

This whole situation just sounds like a sloppy mess of ill preparedness to me. Crap holster...check. Not knowing the status of firearm at all times....check. I use an IWB holster with no retention, the same one I've been using for all my years of carry and never EVER have I had anything even close to this happen....EVER! How one can lose a gun from a holster just by walking to the car shows ultimate irresponsibility.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast