Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Illinois is last U.S. state to allow concealed carry of guns

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Illinois adopted a law on Tuesday allowing residents to carry concealed guns, becoming the last state in the nation to permit some form of possession of guns in public.

The Illinois action was a significant political victory for the gun rights lobby, the National Rifle Association, which strongly supported the new law and lobbied hard for its passage.

Illinois was the last holdout among the states in prohibiting residents from carrying guns in public.

The new law says that Illinois state police "shall issue" a permit to carry concealed guns to any applicant who passes a background check, takes 16 hours of required firearms training and meets other conditions. The bill would ban guns in some public places such as bars, schools and hospitals.

http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-house...182937243.html

Default Re: Illinois is last U.S. state to allow concealed carry of guns

The law leaves a lot to be desired but most of it works for me. The 16 hrs. of training becomes 8 for present or prior service, B.S. but I can do it.
    The one big hole is out of state reciprocity which does not exist but I was told that you will be able to have it in the vehicle. When the whole bill is available and the gun lawyers get done reading it I will follow up with a post for those of you who have to travel through here.
    I do not trust our federal gov. but maybe federal forced reciprocity is the answer.

It is fun watching the shitcago crooked cops, hired lying welfare whores and yes our gov. quinn Piss themselves on the news as they talk about all of the expected deaths. You would think that with a death rate higher per capita than most third world country's they would be ready to try anything. If there is anybody left that does not think that Odumbo is after your guns just watch Fox news and listen to his butt Buddy's whine and moan about decent citizens being able to defend ourselves.

One last thing for the NRA bashers, without them we would not have our carry law. There were other orgs. involved but the only one cussed by the lunatic left is the NRA. When I hear a Dem. lefty liberal politician whining about only one gun group it tells me who they fear. As a side note there has not been one request from the NRA for more money to pay for the this.
    Last edited by phill; July 9th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

And I'm going to apply for a non-resident permit. Because: Eff you, Chicago machine politics, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes_Paulsen View Post
    And I'm going to apply for a non-resident permit. Because: Eff you, Chicago machine politics, that's why.
    I had just assumed with $300.00 and 16 hrs. training most on here would not be stupid enough to do it. Did not even mention out of state as maybe they will issue half a dozen but that will be all.

It's a start. At least law abiding people will have a fighting chance, now.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It's a start. At least law abiding people will have a fighting chance, now.
    We owe it all to you guys down there as if I remember right the CC started with Florida.

I can say from personal experience that IL is most certainly not the last state to prohibit carrying. I know for a fact that NJ has a de-facto prohibition, which is a prohibition nonetheless, and from what I've heard Hawaii does too.

It wouldn't be as bothersome if they allowed OC, but as it is, there is no legal way to "bear" an arm outside of the home unless it is unloaded and you are traveling to or from a range, new house, or gun store.

De-facto bans are just as much of a ban as are de-jure ones. It's hard enough to get states to follow the US Constitution, and as soon as you've wearily won that battle, you find out that they're not even following their own f*n laws. It's enough to make one give up sometimes.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

One step at a time.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    We owe it all to you guys down there as if I remember right the CC started with Florida.
    I don't know, but it's definitely one of the first. Pretty sure it has the most CC permits with PA a very close second. Now, if FL would make it possible for legal CC permit holders to CC on college campuses.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Considering Lincoln and Obama are from there ( and they are the most divisive presidents so far) It does not surprise me in the least they are the last state to do this.

Ol Rahm seems hell bent on trying to limit it as much as possible in Chicago. Maybe he is trying to keep the fresh supply of victims for his "constituents"
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast