Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Air Marshal Training

Besides being a more boring job than watching paint dry, the Air Marshals have some pretty nice training facilities.

Fun Fact, more Air Marshals have been arrested then have made arrests.

http://westernshootingjournal.com/st...dgun-training/
    PAFOA Doctrine - If you don't agree with someone, call them a troll and cry to a mod.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Air Marshal Training

How exactly do you know that being an Air Marshal is a boring job?

Have you ever been one?

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Bucks County)

More on the arrests?

Quote Originally Posted by John A Brown View Post
    How exactly do you know that being an Air Marshal is a boring job?

Have you ever been one?

John

www.3riverstraining.com
    Have you ever flown coach? Now image being crammed into that little seat while armed (I have thanks to the TSA flying armed program). Now image 30 hours a week of being in the air crammed into the little seat, not able to put ear buds in to watch the inflight entertainment. At least the flight crew has something to do and keep them busy while in flight.
    Last edited by johnnyishootstuff; July 4th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
    PAFOA Doctrine - If you don't agree with someone, call them a troll and cry to a mod.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    Have you ever flown coach? Now image being crammed into that little seat while armed (I have thanks to the TSA flying armed program). Now image 30 hours a week of being in the air crammed into the little seat, not able to put ear buds in to watch the inflight entertainment. At least the flight crew has something to do and keep them busy while in flight.
    I was a Federal Air Marshal for 7 years before I took a contract position in Afghanistan.

I don't need to imagine anything.

You have no idea what the job is like. At all.

And the article you linked is filled with errors and untrue statements from beginning to end.

You know absolutely nothing about the Federal Air Marshal Service or what it is like to be a Federal Air Marshal.

John

www.3riverstraining.com
    Last edited by John A Brown; July 4th, 2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: typo

(Allegheny County)

I see that Google IS your friend. You've obviously Googled "air marshal arrests" and cherry picked a few of the links from the first page of results. I'd hardly consider that any real in-depth research of the topic.

I'll also add that your "fun fact" about air marshals arrest rate was taken directly from an article that's 3 years and 3 months old (not to mention it's just some guy's Blog..). Not the most up-to-date information.

Tell us again what the purpose of your thread is....and why the hell am I even bothering to respond to it....
    If gun control worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, instead of Thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by John A Brown View Post
    I was a Federal Air Marshal for 7 years before I took a contract position in Afghanistan.

I don't need to imagine anything.

You have no idea what the job is like. At all.

And the article you linked is filled with errors and untrue statements from beginning to end.

You know absolutely nothing about the Federal Air Marshal Service or what it is like to be a Federal Air Marshal.

John

www.3riverstraining.com
    You know, everyone in the Navy is a Navy SEAL too. The Air Marshals are one of the most dysfunctional federal agencies. The hype around them is the only thing that makes them effective. In fact, given the arrests of air marshals, the public would be safer without there actually being any of them. The whole program, post 2001, is nothing more than reactionary security theater to enemy who has changed tactics. In fact, there are been more cases of passengers restraining loons trying to get into a cockpit then there have been Air Marshals do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ettorment1916 View Post
    I see that Google IS your friend. You've obviously Googled "air marshal arrests" and cherry picked a few of the links from the first page of results. I'd hardly consider that any real in-depth research of the topic.

I'll also add that your "fun fact" about air marshals arrest rate was taken directly from an article that's 3 years and 3 months old (not to mention it's just some guy's Blog..). Not the most up-to-date information.

Tell us again what the purpose of your thread is....and why the hell am I even bothering to respond to it....
    Again, like my original post. They have nice training facilities, as shown by the video link. As for the topic of air marshals being arrested, those arrests were real and are documented as are the number of Air Marshal arrests. We could talk about the unarmed guy they shot back in 2005 inside the Miami Airport.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    In fact, there are been more cases of passengers restraining loons trying to get into a cockpit then there have been Air Marshals do the same.
    Did you ever think that the mere presence of an air marshal would be a deterrent? Thus the skewed nature of your statement above.

Whip us up a Google search and make us all believe your statement above.
    If gun control worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, instead of Thunderdome.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast