Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Uzi

(Montgomery County)

Default Uzi

I have always wanted an Uzi. Two brands seem to come up most often one is Century arms the other is Vector Ams.

A local Gun store sells the Century arms model UC-9 which is a 9 mm. On the other hand Vector Which can be bought as a 9 mm or 45 caliber seems to be sold mostly as an online and seem to actual Israeli distributor.

For those who have experience which one is better? Also for those who have experience in buying online, how do you get a local dealer to agree to receive the shipment?
    Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

Default Re: Uzi

I havnt yet owned one but hope to. As to online shopping just call and ask your dealer if they will do the transfer on an internet purchased gun (most will but prices vary from $20-80) they will have to fax/email their ffl to where ever you got the gun from.

(Berks County)

Nick,

I have one of each. The Century is the equal of the Vector - but conventional wisdom is that Century's are no good. Mine is fine.

Meanwhile, online retailers usually have a database of FFLs that they deal with. You dont't usually need to check with the FFL first. Once you have made your purchase, shoot the dealer your details so he can give you a call when your UZI arrives.

Ray

(Tioga County)

An Uzi is on my shopping list in the next six months. Personally I think I am going to go the SBR Vector route, so the gun will look accurate without the big old 16 inch schnozz on the front.

From my research, I found the Century's are typical Century guns, some people have no trouble with, others have tons of problems and the guns look like monkey's put them together. Vector from what I hear has good customer service and a 5 year warranty, plus they make SBR UZI's for sale.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    Nick,

I have one of each. The Century is the equal of the Vector - but conventional wisdom is that Century's are no good. Mine is fine.

Meanwhile, online retailers usually have a database of FFLs that they deal with. You dont't usually need to check with the FFL first. Once you have made your purchase, shoot the dealer your details so he can give you a call when your UZI arrives.

Ray
    Not a good idea in my opinion. You need to make sure the firearm you are dealing with will be accepted by the dealer you choose. And most important is to find out what that FFL will charge for the transfer. Prices range from $10 to $100 bucks for that service. Every FFL is different.
    In addition, most dealers do not have a full database of all other dealers. The most common method is to get a copy of your local FFL's license and send it to the far FFL or have your local FFL fax or email a copy of his license to the far selling dealer. An FFL can use mail to ship, a citizen cannot. An FFL will not ship a firearm without having a verified FFL destination.
    Last edited by smitty56; July 3rd, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

(Berks County)

Nick,

Perhaps I should have been more specific.

I've used Treeline Sports in Norristown, and East Coast Ammo in Gilbertsville. Treeline seems to be in all the big distributors databases.

The Century UZI I have (the reliable of the two) shipped from a distributor (can't remember which one) with no fuss - just told the distributor's salesman which FFL I wanted to use, and of course, Treeline Sports is/was in the distributors database. The UZI shipped without Treeline being contacted - as Treeline's FFL is already on file. Once the UZI arrived, Treeline simply gave me a call at the number I provided to the distributor. No fuss, no muss.

At least with these two dealers, there was no indication they wanted extra handshaking before making the purchase - almost as if they appreciated the direct purchase.

Treeline has a web presence - and includes a form for letting them know a FFL transaction is desired. That method is useful if you buy something off Gunbroker. Treeline's form lets you put the contact details for the sellers FFL in there so they can send the FFL.

Ray