Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default TSA and guns at airports

Interesting article on TSA screeners finding more people trying to walk through security carrying guns. Not in a terrorist way, but many claiming they forgot they had them on. The article theorizes that "some gun owners are so used to carrying concealed weapons that it's no different to them than carrying keys or a wallet." I can believe this.

Can you picture this, or has it, happen to you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3536446.html

Default Re: TSA and guns at airports

If you are carrying a gun and don't know it you've got problems.

(Bucks County)

I get the TSA blog [for work] and every week the anounce the number of guns found and 3/4ths are loaded but it reads like people forget they have them in their baggage...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvrbcs View Post
    Interesting article on TSA screeners finding more people trying to walk through security carrying guns. Not in a terrorist way, but many claiming they forgot they had them on. The article theorizes that "some gun owners are so used to carrying concealed weapons that it's no different to them than carrying keys or a wallet." I can believe this.

Can you picture this, or has it, happen to you?
    Not at an airport, but I once stopped at a post office in a neighboring town because I was driving buy and needed to buy a stamp. I had driven into their private parking lot, behind the post office building and on USPS property, and was already inside the building and heading to get in line when I suddenly realized I was packing.

I beat a hasty retreat.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Not at an airport, but I once stopped at a post office in a neighboring town because I was driving buy and needed to buy a stamp. I had driven into their private parking lot, behind the post office building and on USPS property, and was already inside the building and heading to get in line when I suddenly realized I was packing.

I beat a hasty retreat.
    But this happened long enough ago that the statute of limitations has run out, otherwise you would not be admitting it on a public forum, correct?
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Lackawanna County)

There is a difference between the airport's TSA secured area and the publically owned check in and check out areas. Local LEO's control that outside area.

I am not a lawyer!

I find the whole idea of the government regulating private property to be absurd to begin with. Who owns the airport? If the owner is a government, then it is publically owned property and the laws governing carry should be the same as if it were a police station, state offices, county buildings, parks, forests, and waterways. If it is a private airport, then the owners of said airport can do as they wish. The airlines are private companies and carry should not be regulated by the government but again, by the private company that owns the airline just like any other business.

If the government wants to pass laws and regulations on how a business should operate, no problem. But that is where it should stop. The Gov has no business directly telling a business what they can or can't allow on their property.

TSA? fuck em

CL