Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Waffle House Posting

We were in the Lancaster area over the weekend and stopped at the Waffle House on Route 30/Lincoln Highway. I took note of the signage stating that alcoholic beverages and firearms were prohibited on the property.

The wife was hungry so we went in anyway to eat and satisfy my curiosity. I asked the "manager" about the sign and was told it was a "corporate thing", and it has nothing to do with that particular location. I was told it was instituted last year due to some incidents at their restaurants in the deep south, where alcohol, firearms and the combination thereof prompted the policy. Hard to believe, huh?

I have no problem avoiding Waffle House as there are none in Berks County.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Waffle House Posting

None where I live. I know I sound like a broken record, But it continues to baffle me how they think not allowing firearms will keep evil away. we all know the only people those signs effect are law abiding citizens...and it just will always confuse me.

(Berks County)

This is interesting to me as I have been there several times and haven't saw any signs. Is this relatively new? I haven't been there for a month or so, but do have a friend who frequently stops there for breakfast on the weekends when going for a motorcycle ride.

If this is the case I will never eat at one again, and I'm sure my friend will feel the same.

Where is the sign posted? Again I'm curious as I have never saw it.

Also being from Berks, any other places that are noteworthy of avoiding in the area?
    Last edited by tripleS; July 5th, 2013 at 03:55 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The wife was hungry so we went in anyway to eat and satisfy my curiosity. I asked the "manager" about the sign and was told it was a "corporate thing", and it has nothing to do with that particular location. I was told it was instituted last year due to some incidents at their restaurants in the deep south, where alcohol, firearms and the combination thereof prompted the policy. Hard to believe, huh?

Then the signs should read,

"Firearms, Alcohol, and Southerners are not Allowed in the Restaurant Simultaneously"

(Allegheny County)

Waffle House corporate always had a No Firearms policy unless you're law enforcement or a peace officer.

Just go somewhere else like King's, they're firearms friendly.

I've been in more Waffle House locations between here and Florida than I can remember, and I have never seen a sign like this. No one has ever told me to leave, cover up, or put it in the truck. Depending on which state I was in, I have been either OC or CC, but always carrying. My most recent visit was in March of this year though.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Then the signs should read,

"Firearms, Alcohol, and Southerners are not Allowed in the Restaurant Simultaneously"
    Just think about how many places would benefit from similar signage, "The combination of alcohol and ______ is prohibited beyond this point." Although I think the real solution is to make stupidity illegal, then we wouldn't have to worry about people doing all of these stupid things because it would be illegal.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I've been in more Waffle House locations between here and Florida than I can remember, and I have never seen a sign like this. No one has ever told me to leave, cover up, or put it in the truck. Depending on which state I was in, I have been either OC or CC, but always carrying. My most recent visit was in March of this year though.
    I have..

There are a few Waffle Houses along I-26, I-77, and I-95 with a No Gun postings. That was one of the very first places I ever saw a No Gun posting other than a government type building or airport.

Not every one of them have postings, but some do. I think the WH closest to the Pooler/Savanah exist(I think the next exit north of the Pooler exit) has a sign.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Erie County)

I love waffle house.

It was always easy to pick-up trailer-park girls there when I was living down south.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I have..

There are a few Waffle Houses along I-26, I-77, and I-95
    That may be the difference. We go down 81 to 75 and then through Alabama. I avoid the eastern routes down as it keeps me out of SC and Atlanta.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast