Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Thumbs down Disgusted with the NRA

Let me start by saying I have been a NRA member for over 40 years and to read the article in this months magazine about how great and wonderful (cheaper than dirt) is when they have been price gouging on ammo for over the last year really bugs me. I understand supply and demand free enterprise at all that stuff and every company is in business turn a profit but what they are doing is out and out price gouging. I for one will never do business with them again. There catalog goes from the mail box to the trash can. I know several people who feel the same way. For them to write this great article about them because the signed up a few members*discuss me. For anyone to say it's free enterprise live with it talk to me the next time there's a gas crisis and you're standing in line and the only gas station that has gas is selling it for seven dollars a gallon and why because they can. Will I be in that gas line sure but thats another post. Shame on the NRA. One mans opinion.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Disgusted with the NRA

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

The adjustment of prices regulates supply and demand. I can't believe someone of your age doesnt know and understand this concept. I understand all the young guys complaining, but come on, you were around in the gas crisis of the 70's you should know better.

My dad went through it with me. He said they wanted to raise prises but jimmy carter wouldnt let them, he wanted to be cheap for everyone. So what happened? They had lines forever because everyone was sucking the gas up and they were rationing it to people.

The same thing happened to ammo. If every store would have raised their prices ammo wouldnt be gone from the shelves. If you go on gunbroker, where the people are free to do as they please. What happens? the prices are nice and high, but there is always ammo, as much as you want and need. When the crisis goes away, the prices goes down and the product is there. Not this huge shortage and endless backorders to fill that will take at least a year to catch up on, maybe more.

Then you have folks like yourself saying everyone is gouging. That is not gouging (described by law) Gouging is when a disaster hits, and you drive into town and sell bottles of water for $10 a bottle. Because your exploiting peoples needs to survive. You don't need ammo to survive (right now) its a luxury.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

That article was probably set six months ago before the whole ammo issue happened.

As for pricing, it is a free market and, also, you can't expect a company to lose money just to make you happy. Look what that did for Sears.

(Bucks County)

NRA = Negotiating Rights Away!