Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Bringing a Gun in NJ

So...

I have my CCW/LTCF for PA. Can I drive over to NJ with the gun, granted the ammo and gun are in different parts of the car?
    And say this is the legal route... say I encounter a threat while there, do I have any rights to run to my trunk to retrieve my ammo and defend myself?

Id love to apply for my CCW in NJ, but I think it would be more productive to just light the 20 bucks on fire..

If there is ANYWHERE I need my weapon, its NJ.....

TIA

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Bringing a Gun in NJ

Your LTCF don't mean spit in NJ. Unless you going to a sanctioned match and have proof your toast. if you have hollow point ammo your toast. mag over 15 rounds our toast. short version if you take a pistol to NJ you got problems. If you use it you got even bigger problem. there are lots of places in NJ you need it like just about any large town or city.

Bet advice, don't go there

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    So...

I have my CCW/LTCF for PA. Can I drive over to NJ with the gun, granted the ammo and gun are in different parts of the car?
    And say this is the legal route... say I encounter a threat while there, do I have any rights to run to my trunk to retrieve my ammo and defend myself?

Id love to apply for my CCW in NJ, but I think it would be more productive to just light the 20 bucks on fire..

TIA

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Your LTCF don't mean spit in NJ. Unless you going to a sanctioned match and have proof your toast. if you have hollow point ammo your toast. mag over 15 rounds our toast. short version if you take a pistol to NJ you got problems. If you use it you got even bigger problem. there are lots of places in NJ you need it like just about any large town or city.

Bet advice, don't go there
    lol, yea I hear ya... two of my biggest clients are in Camden. I have to go for work

(Westmoreland County)

When I go to WV I obey the law. When I get to the PA border, I put my ammo in the glove compartment and my gun in the trunk.

I would do the same in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokamak View Post
    When I go to WV I obey the law. When I get to the PA border, I put my ammo in the glove compartment and my gun in the trunk.
    We now have reciprocity with WV. If you have your PA LTCF, you can legally carry concealed in WV. Since August 18, 2007, actually.
    http://www.wvago.gov/press.cfm?ID=390&fx=more

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    So...

TIA
    Same understanding as what's already been posted. NJ is not a friendly place.

If attacked in NJ, the politicos expect you to die like a good and obedient subject, er, citizen.

Out of curiosity, why the heck would you want to ever go to jersey? I grew up there, still have family there, and I never set foot there unless it's absolutely, positively necessary. The people over there generally suck, the laws suck, the government is a succession of clowns and the entire state is basically bankrupt with taxes spiraling out of control. Now let me tell you what I really think.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    Same understanding as what's already been posted. NJ is not a friendly place.

If attacked in NJ, the politicos expect you to die like a good and obedient subject, er, citizen.

Out of curiosity, why the heck would you want to ever go to jersey? I grew up there, still have family there, and I never set foot there unless it's absolutely, positively necessary. The people over there generally suck, the laws suck, the government is a succession of clowns and the entire state is basically bankrupt with taxes spiraling out of control. Now let me tell you what I really think.
    I feel 110% the same way. i have 2 huge very important clients over there I have to attend to for work

(Erie County)

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/question-...residents.html

Look at the last post, it lists the exceptions for bringing a handgun into NJ that isn't registered in NJ / or if you don't have a firearm owners card.

(Westmoreland County)

Camden? that's the worst place in the state, country for that matter. I wouldn't take that BMW, rent a yugo and look poor. change in your clients' parking lot or lobby restroom. as far as a gun, you'll be in for a legal nightmare and may sit for a while. Mace is illegal, hollow points (even for LEO). Good Luck
    NRA Life

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by harleyspring View Post
    Camden? that's the worst place in the state, country for that matter. I wouldn't take that BMW, rent a yugo and look poor. change in your clients' parking lot or lobby restroom. as far as a gun, you'll be in for a legal nightmare and may sit for a while. Mace is illegal, hollow points (even for LEO). Good Luck

Yea, I sometimes take my wifes Murano.

A couple times I actually got lost and went down a few side street with the Bimmer, its nothing special but I had hookers running down the street trying to get me to stop and "talk" to them...

Scary place it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast