Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Fishing?

(Bucks County)

Default Fishing?

whats up folks, i moved to PA a few months ago and went fishing for the FIRST time today (yea i know... why did it take so long..eheh) and loved it..bought a cheap little rod and will be going again, probably every day...looking for some close spots near my area (warrington), anybody know of any/ need fishing buddy, let me know...thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Fishing?

Where did you go?

Check out Nockamixon State park near Quakertown. They say there's eight pound bass swimming around in that lake.

(Bucks County)

If you want to dive 1/2 hour, you could fish in the delaware river with my buddy and I... he's been trying to get me to go fishing for a while. check out peace valley. that's a good spot. you could try different points of the neshaminy creek. I'd spend the money on a cheap fishing boat and trailer If you like fishing... I love fishing from my boat when i'm at my paren't lakefront house in the poconos. make sure the boat has both gas and electric, because trolling is better with electric and some lakes restrict gas motors... If you want fishing spots closer, go to your local sporting goods store.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

I fish the Neshaminy regularly. It's just through the woods behind my house. In Tyler Park there is a foot bridge, about 100yds downstream is a great spot for trout (stocked). Venture a bit south of Buck Rd. for more seclusion...harder to get into but the fish are there. If you have a kid or just want lots of action (but small fish) there is a pond on East Village Rd. that is jam packed with sunnies, catfish and turtles. I swear...I have caught sunnies by hand there. One of our county judges likes it there too. No lisence required, it's private property and no one will bother you. Fish at the culvert for sunnies, the east side for cats. Core Creek Park also has some good fishing....in the right spots. Far east side of the lake has worked well for me and there is a fishing dock open 24/7. Go to Tollhouse Rd off 413 to the very end...at the Do Not Enter sign hang a right. 2 docks and a boat launch. But remember...almost everywhere requires a lisence, get one to be safe. Game Wardens and park rangers have a lot of power, don't want to mess with them.
    If big fish interest you, muskies and such, Greenlane Resevior. If LOTS of fish are your goal....The Everglades. I lived in South Florida for 14 years. The fish are almost jumping into your boat begging to be eaten.

(Berks County)

I like to go fishing on the Delaware River. I usually do quite well there.

As for Nockamixon...well, they SAY there're fish there...I have my doubts, though.

Peace Valley Park's Lake Galena is pretty good. However, the runoff from Galena is even better, plus there aren't any others fishing there.

(Montgomery County)

i used to fish the neshaminy. They have a stocking point for trout right off 263 just outside of warwick at the bottom of the hill.

(Montgomery County)

A few years ago I would fish Nockamixon or Galena a few days a week. Since my buddy lived right on the way to Galena, I'd hook up the boat when I got done work, and head out.

crlovel, SSHHHHHH on the unoff-ray
    I would always fish that if I didn't bring the boat. Farther down it's nice and quiet, but I've also seen a few snappers, so watch your step if you're wading.