Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Jimenez 9mm for a fun gun?

I hope I don't get flamed for this!

About a month ago I had a little more than $500 which I was going to buy a glock with, yay right? Well I guess only if I had bought a glock...

Well I also produce music so I went and spent $300 on studio monitors, thats speakers for those who don't know the slang.

Anyways now that I don't have enough money for that glock I was kind of just looking for a cheapo gun to have fun with in the mean time.

I can probably work up enough to money to buy a glock again by time christmas comes, so in the mean time I was thinking about getting a gun for fun until I can buy the glock.

Of course being that my budget is now in cheapo range, there is really only the Hi point and Jimenez.... ewwww I know right

But I don't think I can be caught with a Hi point even though they work, I just can't stand the look of it and being seen with one might make me cry!

So I was looking at the Jimenez 9mm as a fun gun in the mean time.
    It looks actually pretty nice for the price much better than that ugly Hi point and I won't mind being seen with it as it actually looks like its suppose to be a pistol and not a robo cop gun like the Hi point.

The only down side of the Jimenez is that you can't use hollow points or it will jam but it won't jam if you use FMJ's. I herd you can just use the hollow points with the filled holes to fix that problem if you really want to run hollows through them.

But I was thinking of buying this Jimenez 9mm as a fun gun in the mean time.
    It comes with a 12 round magazine which seems good for the price and overall the gun is way sexier than the juba the hut looking Hi point.

I am just wondering if any of you had experience with the Jimenez. I don't want to here about jams if it was a hollow point or not broken in because it tells you not to run hollow through it.

I need something in the mean time while I wait for a glock again.
    Basically I herd if you do what it is ment to do = which means run FMJ'S ONLY the gun works.
    I only plan to use this gun for fun, might carry it a few times but I will be using the glock for that purpose.
    Last edited by ICEN; June 17th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Default Re: Jimenez 9mm for a fun gun?

We'll you're probably get pretty good at clearing jams and overcoming malfunctions. I guess there is an up side to buying cheap and unreliable guns.

Go with the HiPoint, it's a better and more safe gun.

(Montgomery County)

Weren't you just complaining about a Phoenix Arms gun?
    Jimenez is just the latest incarnation of the same manufacturer.

(Cumberland County)

Personally, if I absolutely couldn't wait I'd buy the hi-point - I know its heavy and ugly but listen to those that have them - they go bang. Jimenez is one of the few guns I just wouldn't buy - again, just my opinion. Good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Just don't buy dumb stuff and you can get a gun that's not a pos. guns arnt that expensive. I'm sure you can get a better gun than those two choices.

(Tioga County)

A what? Never heard of these and had to look them up. Why waste the money?

I wouldnt get a jiminez unless it was $20 if you want a "cheap" gun get a keltec or sccy

Ummmm guys do you ever read the entire post or do you just read the title?

I know some of you obviously read the entire post but by some comments I can tell some of you think I am buying this as my only gun....

for those who didn't read, I am only buying this FOR A FUN GUN.

I am buying a glock around christmas aka in like 6 months. I need a gun to satisfy my needs until then. I could have already bought a glock but I wasted money on speakers.

Hi point hummm.... you know I would buy one but the uglyness almost makes me not want to buy it even though I know its more reliable. I guess I was hoping that if the jimenez was as reliable I would get it over the Hi point just because of the looks, yes I like the looks better.

I honestly haven't seen many people say the gun jams though, the only time it jams is when the people do things your NOT SUPPOSE TO DO. Which would include using hollow points and I would assume most the jams happen because people do not read the manual that says DO NOT USE HOLLOW POINTS, this is not a problem for me since its just being used as a fun gun. So basically I assume if you use FMJ's there is no problem from what I herd.

Oh and yes I was complaining about the phoenix arms, but I'm pretty sure thats in a lower class than Hi point/Jimenez even though both these guns are low in price too.
    Oh and that phoenix arms I was complaining about may not have been broke in, could possibly be like 20 years old, possibility never cleaned, plus it was a .25 acp the Jimenez is a 9mm unless you want the .380 acp.
    Last edited by ICEN; June 18th, 2013 at 02:27 AM.

As for looks, yeah they look better than a hipoint. Never shot a J/A, but I owned a CM9 out of curiosity and shot a 380 and 45 hipoint. I have to say they are pretty solid plinkers. My friend's 380 was at 1000 rounds without a cleaning and we were throwing all kinds of rounds through it without a malfunction. It was also a rather accurate gun.

Nothing is more frustrating than a gun that malfunctions over and over again, which is not a hipoint.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Chester County)

Well, you're obviously looking for someone to affirm that the Jimenez would be a good purchase, better than the ugly but proven Hi-Point, so here goes.

Totally man... i herd what u wrote and i get what u ment. u just want a FUN GUN FO' FUN. #YOLO. its def the mo' style'n piece of da 2, ya herd. F da haters and just get dat Jimenez cuz its got da 12 shot clip so it holds more boolits than the hi-point anywayz plus it mad sexier.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast