Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommendations for 300 Blackout primers?

Just as the title says. What primers do you guys recommend for reloading 300 Blackout with factory Remington AAC Blackout brass? I'll be shooting supersonic loads if that matters.

Thanks!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Recommendations for 300 Blackout primers?

In an AR platform CCI Military #41 primers or Magnum Small rifle. In a Bolt gun probly Just regular CCI small rifle or Winchester. But that's also the only 2 primer brands I'd ever use. I try not even to use Winchesters unless CCI is not available. But I'm a picky little bitch when it comes to primers.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lehigh County)

Why? Did you ever have a failure with winchester primers? What about wolf? Just needed to know why the preference on your part, do they not all go bang?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa.Sniper View Post
    Why? Did you ever have a failure with winchester primers? What about wolf? Just needed to know why the preference on your part, do they not all go bang?
    I personally like hard primers. CCI are by far the hardest. Nice bit of insurance to prevent slam fires in an AR or any other gun with a full floating firing pin. Also out of at least 100k I've never had a dud primer.

Winchesters are next hardest but I've had a few( and mean 2 or 3 out of 10k few) not go off and just recently had one explode/go off just pressing it into the case with my hand priming tool.

Rem and Fed primers are just way to soft for me to trust. Look at their primer flow in stock 9mm ammo. No not for me. Especially because I reload. I want that extra bit of security. Can't really say I've had any duds though.

Wolf. They are hit and miss. Some good batches some bad. Decently hard but more failures to ignite than I care for. I make ammo for competition and self defense. I'm not trusting my good ammo to cheap components.

(Chester County)

Rem 7.5 benchrest primers
    Hoplophobia is funny

Trops in Elizabethtown has CCI #400 primers on sale for $33.99 per 1,000. Is this a fair price, and would they work in my factory AAC Blackout brass? Are these primers recommended for my use?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil4Life View Post
    Trops in Elizabethtown has CCI #400 primers on sale for $33.99 per 1,000. Is this a fair price, and would they work in my factory AAC Blackout brass? Are these primers recommended for my use?
    Looking around the web for 300 blk load data you should be fine with the 400's as they are standard small rifle primers.

As for the price that's cheaper and more abundant than anything I can get round here. I'd jump on it.

(Lehigh County)

The reason I asked, I usually use cci primers myself, but I got a great deal on small pistol primers, wolf, 2000 of them. Some guy needed money and I got both boxes for $30. Right now cci primers are a little harder to find. I was out last week and went through about 500 rounds of 9mm. I started reloading yesterday and I am using the wolf primers as of now.
    P.S. Just found 9mm tips, 115gr, RN, fully plated, 1000 for $90, free shipping.
    Here is the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/produ...&categoryId=12

Thanks for the posts guys. Ducati, you mentioned that you'd jump on the CCI for $33.99 per 1,000 deal. Can you tell me what the price for primers used to be per 1,000 before the panic?

(Lehigh County)

I used to get them for $22 for 1000, on sale $19.99

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast