Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dunhams & handguns

Quote Originally Posted by bethm95 View Post
    My husband was just at our Dunham's yesterday in Natrona and they just started selling handguns. He didn't look really close but he said from the little bit he saw the prices weren't too bad. I like Dunham's because they always have ammo.
    Cool.

They always have ammo because it's priced high (LOL), but sometimes being able to GET it is better than a good price.

Glad to hear the addition of handguns locally. In an age of dyiing gun shops, this is a welcome change - higher prices or not.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I was just at a store out in Bloomsburg. It was in a completely dead mall off the Buckhorn exit of I-80. I was checking for ammo and saw three or four cases full of handguns. Glocks and M&P's; Taurus pistols and revolvers; Kahr CM pistols; a host of 1911's. Prices did not appear out of line with other places ai had seen. Glocks were in the mid to upper 5's.

(Butler County)

Just came from natrona store,lots of handguns,a little high but had sigs and beretta models and a good selection of revolvers.

They are building a Duhnam's now in Mifflin County. They should do well as far as firearm and ammo sales go. All we have now is Walmart and a few way overpriced small stores. Hopefully they carry handguns at this one as well.

(Schuylkill County)

Have their ammo prices always been terrible or just during and post panic?

We have one in Frackville now, but they're charging like $10 per box of wolf .223 and double(or more) what Walmart charges for everything else.

They've had to relocate their .223 stock due to theft

I was about to write the same thing. I recalled going into the store and asking to look at the pistol and the person working there was banging the pistols against the glass. There was so many scratches from the poor handling from the employees.

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    The Dunham's in Mechanicsburg carried handguns back in the earlu 90s. I used to laugh every time I was there because they had the same Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 in the display for years. The gun was overpriced from the start but over time it took on more and more wear. After a while the scratches and dings were so pronounced I would always comment to the clerks that I didn't know they started selling used handguns. This would evolve into a debate over the definition of new. I would tell them it isn't new just because it has never been fired. If it looks like it was dragged across the parking lot it isn't new.

In my opinion the tag price on Dunham's fire arms has always been insane. However, when they have sales it was often hard to find a storethat could compete. One example... in 2003 I bought a Yugo SKS that had an original price of $349. After the sale it was $139.

(Blair County)

i think they have high prices so they can have big sales look at the fliers in the paper most of the time you have to go in sun or Mon to get them thought .

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    ... the same Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 in the display for years. The gun was overpriced from the start but over time it took on more and more wear. After a while the scratches and dings were so pronounced I would always comment to the clerks that I didn't know they started selling used handguns. This would evolve into a debate over the definition of new. I would tell them it isn't new just because it has never been fired. If it looks like it was dragged across the parking lot it isn't new. ....
    They need to look up the definition of "shopworn".
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Cool.

They always have ammo because it's priced high (LOL), but sometimes being able to GET it is better than a good price.

Glad to hear the addition of handguns locally. In an age of dyiing gun shops, this is a welcome change - higher prices or not.
    We just got a new gun shop in Lower Burrell a few months ago, and the owners are nice as can be but their prices are too high. My husband got a brand new Smith and Wesson 9mm from Shooter's Bench for the same price as the other gun shop was asking for a used Ruger 9mm. I hope they come down on their prices soon, because I would like to see them do well. i like to support local businesses but if they're prices are more expensive I can't justify it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    They are building a Duhnam's now in Mifflin County. They should do well as far as firearm and ammo sales go. All we have now is Walmart and a few way overpriced small stores. Hopefully they carry handguns at this one as well.
    I came here to post exactly this. All our shops around here are insanely overpriced. It will be interesting to see what Dunham's does to Lewistown Hunting & Fishing at the other end of the strip mall. I imagine they'll have even less luck selling their $75 100 packs of WWB .45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12