Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where can I get a Non Res permit? coming from CT

Seems like all the counties closest to me won't issue a non res permit anymore. Coming from CT, I've checked Pike County, and Monroe County, and neither will do it.

What is my next closest choice? I don't want to drive more than 2-3 hours.

Thanks!
    Last edited by harlenm; June 12th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Where can I get a Non Res permit? coming from CT

To get a non-res LTCF in PA, you must first have the equivalent (license, permit, etc.) from your state of residence.

If you want to carry in PA, at this point, a UT permit is your best bet. Our c-bag of an AG is going down the list of states with PA reciprocity and modifying the agreements where PA will only honor permits from those states where the permit is held by a resident of that state.

UT is recognized through the PA UFC, not a reciprocity agreement, so she can't touch that one.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    To get a non-res LTCF in PA, you must first have the equivalent (license, permit, etc.) from your state of residence.

If you want to carry in PA, at this point, a UT permit is your best bet. Our c-bag of an AG is going down the list of states with PA reciprocity and modifying the agreements where PA will only honor permits from those states where the permit is held by a resident of that state.

UT is recognized through the PA UFC, not a reciprocity agreement, so she can't touch that one.
    It's a lot cheaper to get a PA permit than a UT permit. After several phone calls, it appears Bucks county will do it.

(Cumberland County)

Do you have a CT permit?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Do you have a CT permit?
    Yes, as well as FL and NH

(Cumberland County)

The you should be good to go for PA.

Just curious - how difficult is it to get a CT permit? It would seem damn near impossible given the left leaning nature of the state.

The you should be good to go for PA.

Just curious - how difficult is it to get a CT permit? It would seem damn near impossible given the left leaning nature of the state.
    actually quite easy.

Take NRA safety class, apply to town/city you live in. Costs around $100 or so. 8 weeks max allowed by state law to receive decision, however, many locations take longer, and almost all of them are swamped with 200%-300% increases in applicants over last year. I've had my permit for 15 years now.

We are overall not a left leaning state, we have several large cities that control our government. For example, the last governor election was won by the democrats by 8,000 votes, all of which came from Bridgeport since they found a "missing" bag of votes, and allowed the polls in that one city to stay open later because they "ran out of ballots".

Most of the suburbs and rural areas are very conservative. My city has had a republican mayor for 23 years now

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
    Yes, as well as FL and NH
    To the best of my knowledge, Your NH will cover you in PA. If you want to get a PA more power to you. Bucks county residents usually get there Licenses issued in 20 minutes. I don't know how long a NR will take. Hopefully 20 minutes like a resident. Let us know how you make out.

Quote Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
    actually quite easy.

Take NRA safety class, apply to town/city you live in. Costs around $100 or so. 8 weeks max allowed by state law to receive decision, however, many locations take longer, and almost all of them are swamped with 200%-300% increases in applicants over last year. I've had my permit for 15 years now.

We are overall not a left leaning state, we have several large cities that control our government. For example, the last governor election was won by the democrats by 8,000 votes, all of which came from Bridgeport since they found a "missing" bag of votes, and allowed the polls in that one city to stay open later because they "ran out of ballots".

Most of the suburbs and rural areas are very conservative. My city has had a republican mayor for 23 years now
    Isn't CT a May Issue state? I thought the state police could deny someone if they felt like it? Not bashing CT, I'm just curious.

Also do you know what percent of CT NR permits get denied?

(Delaware County)

While that may very well be true, my personal opinion of why she hasn't gone after Utah is that Utah requires you to have a PA LTCF (as a resident of PA) in order to be issued the Utah CWP.

The agreements she has tinkered with AFAIK don't require the home license to get the non resident version, it seems her mission is that all Pennsylvanians who want to carry in PA need to have a PA license to carry in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Your NH will cover you in PA. If you want to get a PA more power to you. Bucks county residents usually get there Licenses issued in 20 minutes. I don't know how long a NR will take. Hopefully 20 minutes like a resident. Let us know how you make out.

Isn't CT a May Issue state? I thought the state police could deny someone if they felt like it? Not bashing CT, I'm just curious.

Also do you know what percent of CT NR permits get denied?
    As long as you don't have any of the disqualifiers, you'll get the permit. If you get denied, you will be awarded a permit on appeal to the board of firearms permit examiners.

Same applies for non res permits.

I want to get the PA since it appears your AG wants to void all reciprocity agreements for non res permits, and it's only $24 and a 2 hour drive. Person from Bucks county said I will get the permit the same day. Just need to find time to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast