Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uzi and a MAC10

(Montgomery County)

Default Uzi and a MAC10

Hey folks, I'm new to this forum and don't know if this is the right place to ask... I'll break it in with this question:

I have an opportunity to purchase some pre-ban Uzi's and MAC10's from someone and he wants me to make an offer. I want to be fair. What is a good starting point. I know markings make a difference and options too. I know for sure the Uzi is a 9MM Model B.

I welcome any feedback!

Thanks!

Default Re: Uzi and a MAC10

manufacturer? condition and round count all matter.

(Cumberland County)

Semi automatic? Uzi pistol or carbine? IM, Vector, or Norinco?
    People often refer to 10 different firearms as Mac 10s, make sure you know what you're getting.
    Last edited by rwb1500; June 10th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunsGoodIdiotsBad View Post
    Hey folks, I'm new to this forum and don't know if this is the right place to ask... I'll break it in with this question:

I have an opportunity to purchase some pre-ban Uzi's and MAC10's from someone and he wants me to make an offer. I want to be fair. What is a good starting point. I know markings make a difference and options too. I know for sure the Uzi is a 9MM Model B.

I welcome any feedback!

Thanks!
    The UZI model B is worth about a grand, maybe another 100 if it's in mint condition and comes with the box and original factory accessories. cobray mac10's are only worth about 300 +/- a few bucks. if one of the MAC's is open bolt that increases the value considerably, 800+/-.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for all the replies. The UZI is IMI - Israel Model B. Not sure how many magazines. The picture did not have the barrel or magazines in it. Asked the guy where the stuff is, he has to look. His dad passed away and is putting all this together and he knows absolutely nothing about guns.

Great information from all so far, I really appreciate the responses. This will help me with making an offer for sure, depending on what he has with them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    The UZI model B is worth about a grand, maybe another 100 if it's in mint condition and comes with the box and original factory accessories. cobray mac10's are only worth about 300 +/- a few bucks. if one of the MAC's is open bolt that increases the value considerably, 800+/-.
    What do you mean by "open bolt"? I don't really know much about the MAC's except what I've read so far. My assumption is that it is semi as well. He doesn't know. How can I tell if it's been converted to auto or semi for both the UZI and MAC?

(Luzerne County)

What do you mean by "open bolt"? I don't really know much about the MAC's except what I've read so far. My assumption is that it is semi as well. He doesn't know. How can I tell if it's been converted to auto or semi for both the UZI and MAC?
    I think you need to be a "little" more informed about weather the said firearms are full autos or not. Yourself and the seller could be bunking up with "Bubba" in a fedreal pen if the said firearms are regestered full autos and you do not go through the proper procedures. If they are not regestered with the the ATF and they are full autos WALK AWAY NOW........ By the way, if they are regestered full autos, the UZI is worth about 8 to 10 grand and the MAC 10 about 4 to 6 grand..
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

(Jefferson County)

An open bolt gun fires when the bolt closes to battery, then when it fires and ejects, it stays open. ...The trigger stroke closes the bolt to fire the gun.

Open bolt guns allow for the barrel to let fresh air in to help cool it, and to keep from having a round "cook off" due to heat. Its a feature used in many full-auto guns. There is no "+1" with a open bolt gun. The trigger releases the slide, which strips a round from the mag, fires it, ejects, then the bolt stays open if semi-auto, or trigger is released with full auto.

Pretty much all civilian firearms fire from a closed bolt.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    I think you need to be a "little" more informed about weather the said firearms are full autos or not. Yourself and the seller could be bunking up with "Bubba" in a fedreal pen if the said firearms are regestered full autos and you do not go through the proper procedures. If they are not regestered with the the ATF and they are full autos WALK AWAY NOW........ By the way, if they are regestered full autos, the UZI is worth about 8 to 10 grand and the MAC 10 about 4 to 6 grand..
    I don't plan on even going down the road if they are fully auto. Too much red tape and government crap to go through. I just want to know how to tell if they are so I can walk away. Don't you have to have special permits to even own a full auto?

(Jefferson County)

I don't plan on even going down the road if they are fully auto. Too much red tape and government crap to go through. I just want to know how to tell if they are so I can walk away. Don't you have to have special permits to even own a full auto?
    To own a full auto the gun had to have been made & registered with the ATF in 1986 or prior. Post-86 full auto's are only allowed to be possessed by police and military, and by certain dealers with demonstration letters(so he can demonstrate the guns for sales to police departments).

Pre-86 guns just require a $200 transfer tax, registration, and full background check.

Legal pre-86 guns are expensive. Full auto MAC's go for $3000 and up. M16's go for $12000 to $18000. AK's are in same general price range as M16's.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast