Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: Burma Range

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    Holly shit. I guess police are really bad at physics... Wonder where they got a 50bmg with rifling. Must have been waiting for someone to shoot a 50 to call it in. The old guy that hangs out at the range tells a very very different version of that story..

    So I take it you have an M2HB or M3HB. I suck at headspacing mine. Wanna come out and help? There will be 2 fbi agents shooting 50s as well, one on philly swat. I'd LOVE to see someone try and pull that on us.
    Don't .50 BMG's have rifling? And my buddy said something about an old guy who used to take care of the range, he said he hasn't been around lately.
    Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Devon, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    1139260

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Don't .50 BMG's have rifling?
    Not a pristine new round. Maybe on one fired into water. My 50s have 2 shapes - new shiney and flattened into the rock. Anything I ever recovered the jacket was stripped off, lead mangled.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    Not a pristine new round. Maybe on one fired into water. My 50s have 2 shapes - new shiney and flattened into the rock. Anything I ever recovered the jacket was stripped off, lead mangled.
    HA, OK, now I get it.
    Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,601
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    Holly shit. I guess police are really bad at physics... Wonder where they got a 50bmg with rifling. Must have been waiting for someone to shoot a 50 to call it in. The old guy that hangs out at the range tells a very very different version of that story..

    So I take it you have an M2HB or M3HB. I suck at headspacing mine. Wanna come out and help? There will be 2 fbi agents shooting 50s as well, one on philly swat. I'd LOVE to see someone try and pull that on us.
    I'm sure the story has changed over the years. I have the M3, easy to headspace, got the gauges. I'll only go back there
    with my 50 if ungawa goes.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Devon, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    1139260

    Default Re: Burma Range

    I watched the videos, I have the gauges. Still not very straight forward to me. I'd love some in-person help. I'll let you squeeze off some 9mm full auto. I'll PM you date/time when we're going. You could always not bring your 50 and see how we do with ours.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,601
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    I watched the videos, I have the gauges. Still not very straight forward to me. I'd love some in-person help. I'll let you squeeze off some 9mm full auto. I'll PM you date/time when we're going. You could always not bring your 50 and see how we do with ours.
    Alright let me know.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lehuffton, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Burma Range

    So like is Burma open again, or do you permit

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,601
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by austin61371 View Post
    So like is Burma open again, or do you permit
    I think you need a permit.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Devon, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    1139260

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    I'll have to see if my buddy still wants to make the trek.
    Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Burma Road
    By magras in forum Ranges
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 27th, 2018, 08:56 PM
  2. Burma Road Excursions
    By 762xIan in forum General
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: October 6th, 2010, 11:36 AM
  3. Can someone PM me directions to Burma?
    By BerksCountyDave in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
  4. Burma Road Range-Schuylkill
    By Glock17 in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •