Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Burma Range

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    went to school there for a year. ain't gonna lie, I got the same impression.
    It's the Guers tea and milk...
    I'm not even kidding. You can very clearly see it in the mental capacity of those who drink that nasty tea religiously

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,600
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    My grandparents lived on mill st, I remember hearing gunshots all day when I was a kid.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,534
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    From my contact with them, this is a wild wild west situation to help absolve them of any liability. They sell access to the land, what you do with it as long as you aren't hurting it or others, is on you. They allow hunting so guns are definitely welcome.

    That being said, I've lived in the area for 5 years and still don't know where this range is, and I also have a RAC pass. I'd really like to find it before I move back to the city in a week or 2 so I can get my handgun sighted in, and try out my AR pistol when it's finished
    I seem to recall seeing an areal view of it somewhere in this thread.
    Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,600
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Just dont bring a 50cal. Some foreign cocksucker might blame you for shooting his house.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    1716873

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I moved there and went to HS in the area
    Maybe they are tired of outsiders moving in from other areas and trying to tell them how to live
    Exactly!!!!!

    This is why most of the the land is closed to use. Locals have been using it forever. Outsiders come in and screw it up for everyone.
    It is the same story over and over.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Devon, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    1139260

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Just dont bring a 50cal. Some foreign cocksucker might blame you for shooting his house.
    Ha! That is where I go to shoot my 50BMG.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,600
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    Ha! That is where I go to shoot my 50BMG.
    No more for me. Almost lost my gun. Made the newspapers and everything.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,163
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    No more for me. Almost lost my gun. Made the newspapers and everything.
    Mind retelling the story?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,600
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Mind retelling the story?
    I did back in 12, but I'll tell again. Met ungawa there to do some relaxing, brought the belt-fed 50.
    About a hour in the 50 had a case head separation so it was out of commission. As I was fixing it,
    two state police pull up and approach me. They ask if this is my gun, I say yes. Mind you, at this time in my life,
    I was really battling anxiety, daily 24/7 365... (almost had a case of gravy leg on the way to the range, thank you KFC on 61 to bail me out)

    The next thing he does is pull out a 50 projectile, perfect condition with rifling. He says this was found in so and so's yard,
    it went through his house, from front to back. He shows me pictures of a hole in the back of the house, through every wall,
    out the front.
    I tell him thats not mine, thats not even the type of ammo I shoot. He says if I dont say I did it he'll take my gun.
    I got really threatened, said you aren't taking my gun because its not my bullet, I didn't do it. I had to shoot over a small
    mountain, travel two miles to new philadelphia, and the bullet had to flatten out and go through the house on a perfect plane
    about three feet off the ground. (Ed did the math on it, pretty much impossible)

    He took my info and left. I got the homeowners info and contacted him telling him I'll pay for the damage even though I didn't do it,
    just so it would go away. In the meantime hes telling me hes been out of work for 6mos or so, hes broke....
    The light bulb lit, this cocksucker is trying to get one over on me. I stopped all communication...
    I got two calls from the frackville state police on my answering machine, never returned them.
    I got a letter from the homeowners insurance co. looking for 1300.00, threw that letter out.
    And here I sit.
    It was fraud, guarantee it. I found the article in the pottsville republican newspaper today but cant read it unless I subscribe$$$

    I'll never take that 50 there again.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Devon, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    1139260

    Default Re: Burma Range

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I did back in 12, but I'll tell again. Met ungawa there to do some relaxing, brought the belt-fed 50.
    About a hour in the 50 had a case head separation so it was out of commission. As I was fixing it,
    two state police pull up and approach me. They ask if this is my gun, I say yes. Mind you, at this time in my life,
    I was really battling anxiety, daily 24/7 365... (almost had a case of gravy leg on the way to the range, thank you KFC on 61 to bail me out)

    The next thing he does is pull out a 50 projectile, perfect condition with rifling. He says this was found in so and so's yard,
    it went through his house, from front to back. He shows me pictures of a hole in the back of the house, through every wall,
    out the front.
    I tell him thats not mine, thats not even the type of ammo I shoot. He says if I dont say I did it he'll take my gun.
    I got really threatened, said you aren't taking my gun because its not my bullet, I didn't do it. I had to shoot over a small
    mountain, travel two miles to new philadelphia, and the bullet had to flatten out and go through the house on a perfect plane
    about three feet off the ground. (Ed did the math on it, pretty much impossible)

    He took my info and left. I got the homeowners info and contacted him telling him I'll pay for the damage even though I didn't do it,
    just so it would go away. In the meantime hes telling me hes been out of work for 6mos or so, hes broke....
    The light bulb lit, this cocksucker is trying to get one over on me. I stopped all communication...
    I got two calls from the frackville state police on my answering machine, never returned them.
    I got a letter from the homeowners insurance co. looking for 1300.00, threw that letter out.
    And here I sit.
    It was fraud, guarantee it. I found the article in the pottsville republican newspaper today but cant read it unless I subscribe$$$

    I'll never take that 50 there again.
    Holly shit. I guess police are really bad at physics... Wonder where they got a 50bmg with rifling. Must have been waiting for someone to shoot a 50 to call it in. The old guy that hangs out at the range tells a very very different version of that story..

    So I take it you have an M2HB or M3HB. I suck at headspacing mine. Wanna come out and help? There will be 2 fbi agents shooting 50s as well, one on philly swat. I'd LOVE to see someone try and pull that on us.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Burma Road
    By magras in forum Ranges
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 27th, 2018, 08:56 PM
  2. Burma Road Excursions
    By 762xIan in forum General
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: October 6th, 2010, 11:36 AM
  3. Can someone PM me directions to Burma?
    By BerksCountyDave in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
  4. Burma Road Range-Schuylkill
    By Glock17 in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •