Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Carrying at Citizens Bank Park?

I'm going to see the Red Sox play the Phillies in June at Citizens Bank Park. Has anyone been there recently and are there pat downs/wands at the gates? I'm not sure what their firearm policy is, and if they have a no guns rule, how they enforce it.

Thanks
    Dave

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Carrying at Citizens Bank Park?

they don't have pat downs or wands, but bag searches... you could only get away with a pocket pistole there. They have a no weapons policy and they will kick you out if they see it... so do it at your own risk... now for flyers/phantoms/eagles they wand, but it seems like bullshit... it beeped for both of my pockets and they didn't question me... what's also funny is when i went to shea for phillies/mets, They only randomly wanded people... guy patted me down, asked what was in my one pocket, but not my other... i'm like "yeah right this is real secure" ... then again carrying in new york is basically illegal unless you buy the police a lot of stuff (they call them "donations")
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    they don't have pat downs or wands, but bag searches... you could only get away with a pocket pistole there. They have a no weapons policy and they will kick you out if they see it... so do it at your own risk... now for flyers/phantoms/eagles they wand, but it seems like bullshit... it beeped for both of my pockets and they didn't question me... what's also funny is when i went to shea for phillies/mets, They only randomly wanded people... guy patted me down, asked what was in my one pocket, but not my other... i'm like "yeah right this is real secure" ... then again carrying in new york is basically illegal unless you buy the police a lot of stuff (they call them "donations")

Well I'll be wearing my Papelbon jersey, so it won't be real tough to conceal a gun carried IWB without printing.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Well I'll be wearing my Papelbon jersey, so it won't be real tough to conceal a gun carried IWB without printing.
    well any security check would be before they see your ticket, so If you are, keep it concealed or else you will be asked to leave. Why not just leave it in your car to be safe? there is enough cops and security there. It's not like boston and philly are rival teams. Just a friendly place... I'd hate being thrown out of there... that's why i resorted to dipping when they started the thing that makes you go down to the gates to smoke... before philadelphia smoking ban, it was any area outside the structure walls where it was open air. this made ramps and stairwells all places where you can smoke. You know how sports teams are... if they catch you, they throw you out...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    well any security check would be before they see your ticket, so If you are, keep it concealed or else you will be asked to leave. Why not just leave it in your car to be safe? there is enough cops and security there. It's not like boston and philly are rival teams. Just a friendly place... I'd hate being thrown out of there... that's why i resorted to dipping when they started the thing that makes you go down to the gates to smoke... before philadelphia smoking ban, it was any area outside the structure walls where it was open air. this made ramps and stairwells all places where you can smoke. You know how sports teams are... if they catch you, they throw you out...
    I just hate going out in public defenseless. That's all. But perhaps you're right on this one.

(Montgomery County)

why would you screw around and take the chance of getting kicked out.

Now, if you were wearing the other teams jersey at an Eagles game, I could understand the desire to have serious protection on ya.. but the phillies fans are a little more tame. ha.

(Philadelphia County)

I've been to 4 or 5 games this year, pat downs are half assed, I choose not to carry to citizens bank park. If you park in a non-tailgate lot, the security of your car is pretty high.

(Philadelphia County)

I CC'd to the Flyers game the other night I had it small of back since I was watching them wand people, right side, left side, go ahead in. Walked up to the security guy he wanded me no bells or whistles. I wasn't going to walk through the parking lot at night without it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WitsBusa View Post
    why would you screw around and take the chance of getting kicked out.

Now, if you were wearing the other teams jersey at an Eagles game, I could understand the desire to have serious protection on ya.. but the phillies fans are a little more tame. ha.
    lol... yeah... we just make fun of you if you loose... and if we loose, you can't cheer loud enough because we are all yelling E A G L E S EAGLES! or GO FLYERS!

but boston is not our main care... if you were a new york mets fan, then you'd get harassed a lot more... check out my myspace group...
    http://groups.myspace.com/ihatethemets

(Montgomery County)

I was there last year for the first time and was concerned since I couldn't find anything on the website about firearms. Since I took the train down with my daughter, I couldn't carry and leave it in the car, so I went naked.

Anyhow, I saw nothing back then that looked like any real check of anything, so for the last exhibition game this past Spring I just carried right on in with no problems. The only thing they wanted to see was that the sodas we brought in hadn't been opened yet.
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast