Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Perhaps the rush is slowing

I stopped out to Bee’s yesterday and was able to pick up three cans of powder, one each of Red-dot, HP-38, and Varget, I did not see any primers on the shelf. Last shortage he kept them in the back and only sold if you ask for them, He did say he was limiting most to a one can limit, but would sell more to his regular customers.
    He also said he still could not get any of the IMR powders.

Somewhere around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Perhaps the rush is slowing

The last two times that I stopped at French Creek Outfitters, they had Power Pistol powder and CCI small pistol primers. I also started thinking that perhaps the settling has started. Please let it be true!

(Beaver County)

I don't know how many others have noticed, but if you read the Walmart Ammo thread, it seems like people are finding more calibers and larger quantities on the shelves. Granted, it can't be helped that there are still some bottom feeder LGS that are sending scouts to buy up Walmart's stock and selling it at a higher price, but that's capitalism and it's their right to be able to buy something and sell it if the so desire. And if you're desperate enough to buy it, then that is part of the whole supply and demand thing.

Also, I just read an article on Fox News that the house passed a bill that is going to limit the amount of ammo that DHS can buy. It now needs to be ratified in the senate. Either way, it seems that some members of congress are listening to the concerns of their constituents and pushing the whole DHS ammo shortage issue.

I pray nightly that this shortage comes to an end and that prices come back down again soon. I haven't shot any of my guns in about 3 months now and I miss it terribly...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    I don't know how many others have noticed, but if you read the Walmart Ammo thread, it seems like people are finding more calibers and larger quantities on the shelves. Granted, it can't be helped that there are still some bottom feeder LGS that are sending scouts to buy up Walmart's stock and selling it at a higher price, but that's capitalism and it's their right to be able to buy something and sell it if the so desire. And if you're desperate enough to buy it, then that is part of the whole supply and demand thing.

Also, I just read an article on Fox News that the house passed a bill that is going to limit the amount of ammo that DHS can buy. It now needs to be ratified in the senate. Either way, it seems that some members of congress are listening to the concerns of their constituents and pushing the whole DHS ammo shortage issue.

I pray nightly that this shortage comes to an end and that prices come back down again soon. I haven't shot any of my guns in about 3 months now and I miss it terribly...
    The last time I went shooting was for my birthday almost a month ago. Prior to that was January.

(Allegheny County)

I was down at Ace in Washington today and they have a lot more ammo on the shelves and even have 10 packs of 30 round .223 mags. They have .223 62 grain (green tip) in plastic ammo cans four hundred and twenty rounds for $289.
    (.45 cents each)

I picked up some .380 and .45 in Gold Dots and some 12 gauge 00.

Pistol selection is still pretty sparse, numerous AR's in stock.

The place wasn't that crazy at all in fact a little slow.

(Montgomery County)

What ammo shortage?
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    I was down at Ace in Washington today and they have a lot more ammo on the shelves and even have 10 packs of 30 round .223 mags. They have .223 62 grain (green tip) in plastic ammo cans four hundred and twenty rounds for $289.
    (.45 cents each)

I picked up some .380 and .45 in Gold Dots and some 12 gauge 00.

Pistol selection is still pretty sparse, numerous AR's in stock.

The place wasn't that crazy at all in fact a little slow.
    A can of M855 for under $300? That is amazing.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Westmoreland County)

Another sign things are getting better, I ordered a new RCBS 55-SP mold from Mid-south and it was in stock. The Lyman .224 molds are on back order, RCBS molds are about $10.00 more, but I liked the profile of the RCBS better anyway. Many things are still listed on back order. However I am seeing more reloading and casting equipment showing up as stock.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    A can of M855 for under $300? That is amazing.
    That's $0.68 per round. I wouldn't pay half that.

(Delaware County)

I've been finding bullets and primers are a lot more readily available now. At this point I'm shooting as frequently as I was before the panic and not overpaying for anything. Self defense ammo is still hard to come by though, I can't find HST or Gold Dots anywhere..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast