Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default Vacation time, few carry questions

Going from My home to North Carolina (outer banks). Will be going through Mary(fairly)land, West Va., Va and obviously into NC.

I have my LCTF, as does my g/f. We made the same trip last year, also did our carry guns. We observed Mary(fairy)lands no carry by getting out before entering the state and securing our handguns, unloaded, in my trucks toolbox. Upon entering West Va we re-armed ourselves and continued so until we got to the OBX.

My question(s) are...How does the recprocity work. Do we just follow Pa's concealed carry laws pertaining to inside a vehicle through the reconized states? I briefly read handgunlaw.us chapters on the reconized states and i dont quite understand some of it (will re-read tomorrow).

While driving, especially on a long trip like this we keep our guns in my center console, which to my understanding is concealed. I read Va is a no inform state and NC is an inform state.

When we get down to the OBX i doubt ill carry unless we go on a drive to another town, i just want to cover my ass in case i get pulled over/question. I will print out the handgunlaw.us chapters for each state and keep them on me as well for reference. Im just not sure what all im allowed to do with my LCTF while in another state.

Also, does anyone know if OC is ok in NC? I think i read it was but it was kinda confusing.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Vacation time, few carry questions

You have to follow the laws of the state in which you are located, not PA's.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

http://www.usacarry.com/north_caroli...formation.html

Check this page out. Should answer your questions about NC. At the bottom, it states that OC is not restricted, with one exception which you will see.

Also, I find it important to note the strict regulation about alcohol and carrying. Don't know if you are a drinker or not, but I sure enjoy a few on vacation. Be wary of this.

In general, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Though your LTCF is from PA, you must always follow the rules of the state that you are in. Essentially, it is now an NC carry permit as far as your legal rights while you are in that state.

As far as traveling through other states where you can not legally carry, I do believe that the interstate transport rules would apply, as you are transporting it through the state.

Obligatory: I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. This is a good starting point, but double check this info or see if it helps you to decipher the statutes a little better. I too do the unpack/repack of handguns when road tripping...visit Florida usually a few times a year. It sucks, but I would rather have it when I can then just leave it all together.

• Any assembly where a fee had been charged for admission

Id look into this, does this mean places like a theater or museum
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member