Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can anyone help with my LTCF permit?

the tax paper can be blank, so long as berkheimer has printed your address on it.
    it's their one demand i folded on and handed in.
    used a reference in NJ and a reference in NY, they of course had trouble contacting them, but the process went through with less issue than my NJ purchasers card <which took 6 months>

these requirements have been around for a while, if you search this forum you'll see.

Edit: i made several copies of my ltcf form and the code papers, just in case they wanted to play games, could keep submitting with minimal effort.
    nothing i saw said it couldn't be a photocopied form, only signed in person. and of course it has to be double sided. <copy, flip copy>
    didnt need the copies in the end.

my ltcf experience started dec 2nd, dec 30th they took my papers until march 3rd received my ltcf. 2011-2012
    Last edited by fallenleader; June 13th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sometimes, it's easier to bend with the wind instead of planning for a lawsuit (I make money from lawsuits, so feel free to ignore this.)

The easiest path is to notice that there's no minimum requirement for what kind of reference the people are. Doesn't have to be a life-long buddy or the guy whose life you saved in the Mekong Valley of AfghanistNam. In fact, they rule out the people who know you best, like family or cohabiting girlfriends or roommates.

You could list the state Representative for your district. The chief of police. The mayor. The school board president. Drop them a line, ask them if they'd like to make a taxpaying voter happy and fulfill a bogus requirement, since the issuing authority is going to run a PICS check on you anyway.

Read Sun Tzu, there's more than one way to win a battle. Head-on, or through good, honest guile.
    Interesting. Perhaps that is why Tricia Mezzacappa used references that probably wouldn't vouch for her and she knew it. She is doing a good job of shaking up the Sheriff's office. LOL

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nort...l_hold_ne.html

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nort...kely_in_a.html

(Monroe County)

one individual was nice enough to be a reference for me.. I'm going to use thier name as well as a Lackawanna reference and go to office next Friday on my day off to submit.. we'll see where I get with that before I try anything further. Maybe judging by my clean PICS check and 1 in county reference, he will be willing.. doubt it. but whatever. worth the shot at this point.
    if someone else, maybe an LEO in the area, with the ability to use PICS to see for themselves that I am a responsible firearms owner and would like to help with another reference and message me, it'd be appreciated. Thanks. I'll let everyone know what happens in about 50 days LOL

(Monroe County)

Sheriff Martin is know to deny people for not having the in county references.

He requires 2 things that are not needed according to the state site. In county references and a copy of your berkheimer (local tax) to proved residency.

If he has issues, just see if your reference can come down for a range day and stop by at the sheriffs office and have him fill the reference card right there.

Just so you know all SGL gun ranges require the range permit or a hunting license as far as I know. I hunt so it is never an issue for me. Except the one guest per lic rule.

Good luck and hope Mr. Martin isn't a douche.

Anyone else have problems with the girl at the desk in the office being extremely rude?

(Delaware County)

So... No one is going to stand up to him?

You're ok with him breaking the law?

That quick to bow down?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post

That quick to bow down?
    People try and fail.. The only thing that finally changed was instead of paying something like 50$ it dropped to 20$.

Not sure about you but I do not exactly have the money to fund a suit for it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sikencide View Post
    People try and fail.. The only thing that finally changed was instead of paying something like 50$ it dropped to 20$.

Not sure about you but I do not exactly have the money to fund a suit for it.
    Saying no to illegal requests is free
    Don't even need a lawyer

The whole money/lawsuit excuse is used way too much.
    Plenty you could do before it got to that point.

What if they charged 1,000 bucks for the license. Would your excuse still hold water?

Just asking

Can anyone name a single person that was denied a license because their

1. Refs were not from in county
    2. Didnt sign the police card
    3. Refused to pay more than 20

A single person?
    Last edited by BimmerJon; June 17th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post

That quick to bow down?
    Over the years, there have been many posts here complaining about his illegal requirements and people claiming that one day he will be "Owned", but so far no one has succeeded in doing so. Taking on the Sheriff is no easy task, especially one with the backing of the community and court system that he has.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Over the years, there have been many posts here complaining about his illegal requirements and people claiming that one day he will be "Owned", but so far no one has succeeded in doing so. Taking on the Sheriff is no easy task, especially one with the backing of the community and court system that he has.
    No one has succeeded. Ok, who has tried?
    I'm curious about what steps were taken so far

(Monroe County)

I had no problems with the sheriff's office personnel. What I do see is a crowded office that's busy as hell. Not sure how many folks actually realize the amount of transients that float in and out of Monroe county. Maybe the case is contacting your references is quicker if they live in county. I have no problem with that and can honestly understand it. How many folks on this forum alone have lived in county for more then 15 years. I bet not many. Monroe county is a bed room community for metro New York\ North Jersey. People move in and move out just as quick. I wouldn't want Martins' job. At least he's consistent.
    I've lived here my entire life and what's gone on in Monroe county over the last 20 years is....well....is not good.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast