Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Stay away from ups in Bethlehem

This morning I went to the ups on highland ave to ship a rifle to one of our members. When I got there I was asked what the contents of the package were. I was honest and said I was shipping a rifle. Not only was I told that I was breaking the law but I was screamed at by an employee there. After I told him he was wrong about the law he continued to raise his voice and told me that the USPS wouldn't ship it either. As he was ranting on about this he was slamming other people packages onto a cart in a fit of anger. At this point I asked for a manager and was told that there were none. I picked my package up and walked out. I went to my local USPS and they were more then happy to ship my rifle. Not to mention the fact that it was cheaper to ship through them. So please be careful about trying to us ups for any reason.

Default Re: Stay away from ups in Bethlehem

Perhaps a letter to management would be in order. Wouldn't want the video of the incident to get erased.

CL

(Northampton County)

I have spoken to management about this. I am still in shock over the whole thing.

(Monroe County)

Ups store franchise is not the same as UPS hub or terminal. Was this a store front, or mailboxes type place??? That would explain it.....minimum wage attracts the best customer service reps.......

(Northampton County)

This happened at their main hub in Bethlehem.

(Chester County)

FWIW -- UPS changed their tariff 12/31/12 such that they only accept firearm shipments when an FFL is on one end of the shipment. Shipment between two non-licensees are no longer accepted even if the shipment comports with state and Federal laws.

So the agent was wrong in that the shipment is not prohibited by LAW but it is is prohibited by UPS' TARIFF.

3.6 Firearms and Ammunition

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies; and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state, or local law from (i) an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual. The shipper shall comply with and shall ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state, and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package.
    Last edited by tl_3237; May 31st, 2013 at 12:47 PM.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

You are right about the change, I spoke with someone in corporate. I also spoke with FedEx and they are the same. I guess they are but gun hateing nazi run companies. The USPS on the other hand still does handle those type of shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    FWIW -- UPS changed their tariff 12/31/12 such that they only accept firearm shipments when an FFL is on one end of the shipment. Shipment between two non-licensees are no longer accepted even if the shipment comports with state and Federal laws.

So the agent was wrong in that the shipment is not prohibited by LAW but it is is prohibited by UPS' TARIFF.
    I winder if a C&R would suffice

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    I winder if a C&R would suffice
    Within the scope of their licensure - why not?. They are FFL licensed and thus a 'licensed collector'.
    IANAL

(Butler County)

Wait so you can ship a firearm from the United States Postal Service, but not a private company?
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast