Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Keep one, sell one. Hawk ultra 87 or Stevens 320 security.

Recently picked these up and only need one, my buddy doesn't have any guns and just moved to Philly. He wants to buy one and don't know which to get rid of.

Both have the same mag capacity. Same barrel length. Same sling attachments.

Stevens 320:
    Pistol grip.
    Front sight bead.

Hawk 87:
    Fiber optic sights.
    Standard stock.

Stevens on left. Hawk on right.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zet70; May 31st, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Keep one, sell one. Hawk ultra 87 or Stevens 320 security.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Recently picked these up and only need one, my buddy doesn't have any guns and just moved to Philly. He wants to buy one and don't know which to get rid of.

Both have the same mag capacity. Same barrel length. Same sling attachments.

Stevens 320:
    Pistol grip.
    Front sight bead.

Hawk 87:
    Fiber optic sights.
    Standard stock.

Stevens on left. Hawk on right.

Thoughts?

Pretty simple really, you have both loaded and at the firing line, which one do you want to shoot first? Keep that one and sell the other.

(Beaver County)

Personally, I would sell the 320. The Hawk will accept any Remington 870 stock or forend so you can do all kinds of stuff with that gun if you decide you'd like to try another configuration.

A man should never get rid of, sell, or trade a working gun. lol

(Indiana County)

Sell them both, a guy with a Benz shouldn't be defending his family with Chinese shotguns.

For that matter, nobody should be using a Chinese shotgun to defend their family when suitable American made ones can be had for cheap.

Sorry, you did ask for thoughts...

(Berks County)

^100% agree. Should have added that I have a 56 Remington 11-48 in the closet and a g22 in the night stand.

I just was looking for a scatter gun to have in the safe for shtf. Figured the savage was a keeper with the lifetime war.

If I could find a local American made shotgun for $200 otd if snatch it up all day.
    Last edited by Zet70; June 1st, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    ^100% agree. Should have added that I have a 56 Remington 11-48 in the closet and a g22 in the night stand.

I just was looking for a scatter gun to have in the safe for shtf. Figured the savage was a keeper with the lifetime war.

If I could find a local American made shotgun for $200 otd if snatch it up all day.
    Keep an eye out on Pennswoods, I just picked up a Maverick 88 20" 8 shot for $200 and a Mossy 835 turkey for $250.
    You're a little farther out there than most of the sellers on Pennswoods, but the seller net seems to be slowly expanding.
    Besides, Pennswoods is great amusement for all the "ultra rare", "never seen" and "hard to find" junk listed at 3X the going rate.
    Deals are there though, just scarce lately.

I have seen new Maverick 88's for sub $200, but the tax and PICS would probably run you up over your $200 limit.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Sell them both, a guy with a Benz shouldn't be defending his family with Chinese shotguns.

For that matter, nobody should be using a Chinese shotgun to defend their family when suitable American made ones can be had for cheap.

Aren't Maverick 88's cheaper because some of the parts are plastic and produced in Mexico? I know that they are assembled in Eagle Pass, Texas. Literally right across the border.

Just a thought...

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

I agree but I didn't want to be a dick so I kept it to myself. Now that it's out there though, I have a pair of shotguns with close to $1000 into them and I make less than 30K a year. Priorities, gentleman.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
    Aren't Maverick 88's cheaper because some of the parts are plastic and produced in Mexico? I know that they are assembled in Eagle Pass, Texas. Literally right across the border.

Just a thought...
    Most 500's and 590 use plastic trigger housings as well.

Maybe parts are made in Mexico, but other than some unofficial website, I haven't seen that anywhere on Mossbergs site.
    It's possible I suppose.

Even still, I'd still rather have a gun made by an American company even if it uses some imported parts over a gun made in Turkey, China or one of the Krapistan countries by a company there.

(mil-surp firearms excluded, as are IMO ones from places long known for quality firearms like Italy, Austria., Germany, Czechoslovakia, parts of Russia, etc... These are a totally different class of firearms)

It would be totally different if American shotguns all cost 10X the amount of one of these imports, but that's far from the case and honestly, I see no reason to purchase one when much better alternatives are out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast