Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Citizen's Bank Park Phillies...

So I am going to the Phillies game tomorrow night. I have read on here many times about people checking their weapons in at the security office and having it locked in a locker. I have decided to just leave it at home.
    Just for the heck of it I was checking out the rules on the Phillies website and it is as follows:

"Weapons
    Firearms, weapons, knives, tasers and other dangerous or hazardous devices or substances (collectively "weapons") are prohibited at Citizens Bank Park, unless carried by an on-duty police officer or otherwise expressly approved by The Phillies. Anyone bringing such a weapon to the premises should return it to their vehicle immediately. An off-duty law enforcement officer who is carrying a weapon may check it at the Police Room before entering the ballpark."

So from the way I read this, unless you are law enforcement you are not allowed to bring them in period.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Citizen's Bank Park Phillies...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Hunter View Post
    So I am going to the Phillies game tomorrow night. I have read on here many times about people checking their weapons in at the security office and having it locked in a locker. I have decided to just leave it at home.
    Just for the heck of it I was checking out the rules on the Phillies website and it is as follows:

"Weapons
    Firearms, weapons, knives, tasers and other dangerous or hazardous devices or substances (collectively "weapons") are prohibited at Citizens Bank Park, unless carried by an on-duty police officer or otherwise expressly approved by The Phillies. Anyone bringing such a weapon to the premises should return it to their vehicle immediately. An off-duty law enforcement officer who is carrying a weapon may check it at the Police Room before entering the ballpark."

So from the way I read this, unless you are law enforcement you are not allowed to bring them in period.
    I recall reading in a thread a year or two ago that they had changed their locker policy and would no longer check firearms for non-LEOs.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Hunter View Post

"Weapons

The games I've been to they do halfassed patdowns.
    IANAL

(York County)

I went to last night's game leaving my side arm home. Got to the gate and they were patting all men down and searching anyone's handbags. It would have been easy to sneak one in because the pat down was just around the waistband but I choose not to cause problems especially in this case which would have caused me alot of time and trouble if I was caught with one.
    When he started to reach around my waist for the quick sweep of my waist line I said "I'm not carrying it, I left it at home and I feel naked without it". He pretty much gave up on the search at that time and laughed and waved me by. He did get my sides though and with what I carry he would have caught it. Overall had a good time during the game but hate that traffic getting out of there.

(Montgomery County)

how in depth were the purse searches?
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Montgomery County)

I was at the game last night. The guy in front of me had a huge knife and it was not allowed in. He padded me down well but I could have carried a lcp in my pockets if I wanted. That said why would you want to risk it? Wouldn't be consider trespassing?

I carry everywhere I am allowed, and where not I make a choice whether the reward of going is worth the risk of not cc. Like work for instance. Don't like that I can't carry in the office but sure like the paycheck :-)

(Montgomery County)

Went to the game yesterday. Got a pretty thorough pat down, and it pissed me off extremely. I went unarmed knowing this would happen.

Nothing like being treated like a criminal for just wanting to go to the ballgame with your father.

Phuck the Phillies. Too bad they won.

(York County)

People must really like the ball game to be willing to get patted down, I know I would ever go if I knew I would be patted down. I was at Baltimore Orioles two years ago and they didn't do any search

(Montgomery County)

Unfortunately, most people don't care, because it's "for the children" or whatever.

(Montgomery County)

Every time I go to the games, I think, I could have a Dirt Harry model 29 taped to my leg and they would never find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast