Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: My Hi-Point and my smart ass neighbor

My personal opinion is the gun is designed for a one armed person. I can slow fire one just fine...I just put my weak hand thumb over the trigger guard. Not bad for the range, but a gun fight??? No thanks.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

It's funny. Everytime these Hi-Point threads come up, the same old posters show up. "Save up and buy something better", "I've heard bad things.. blah blah blah", "I wouldn't use in a gun fight" etc. Laff. These are usually the ppl who have NEVER owned one and/or shot one.
    Don't know of anyone saying these guns are in same league as Glocks, but their reputation for reliability rival them, and blow away taurus reputation. Some of those same blow-hards who knock Hi-Points but boast about taurus, shows how much they don't know about guns.
    Took my friend to the range a few weeks back. He was skeptical about the Hi-Point, asking didn't I have better guns, I said I did, but to give it a try. He was soon amazed how accurate it was and stated it was way better than he thought it would be.

(Franklin County)

We have a lot of guns (we own a gun shop), including a Hi-Point Carbine, 9mm pistol, .40 pistol, and .45 pistol. They are ugly as sin and tend to be top heavy and, while I would never carry one concealed, they are great plinking guns and once you find what they like to eat will perform flawlessly.

They just can't be beat for the price.
    Carl Hill - Hill Top Arms, LLC

(Montgomery County)

[QUOTE=Rblakely;2410075]after all you're supposed to throw them away when the magazine is empty.
    QUOTE]

That's the funniest thing I have head on this forum.

Like most folks here...don't have one, never shot one, thing they are ugly as anything but I have also hear they go bang everything. So if it works for you, by all means...

(Lehigh County)

I have the 9mm carbine for about 4 years now, every time i take it out of the safe and dust it off, take it to the range it goes bang. I have a 4x scope on it and is very accurate out to 50 yards. I did have a problem about 2 years ago, filled out a form online, sent it to them, they rebuilt it with a new barrel and sent it back to me. Not one word was spoken between us. Just filled out their form online, never told them it was coming, just sent it, 3 weeks later I get it back. That is service in my opinion.

(Monroe County)

I have shot numerous Hi-Points and they all have been the same. They are big, blocky, heavy and ugly as sin. The triggers leave a lot to be desired and take down is a form of torture. That said they all functioned 100% and were fairly accurate even at 25 yards.

If I only had a few hundred bucks for a defensive weapon I would purchase a used 12 gauge shotgun and a Hi Point handgun. you could probably get this for under three hundred and would be very well protected.

(Blair County)

Ive never actually read a bad review of one....I wouldnt own one, but from what I have read they are reliable, made in USA lifetime warranty, and a lot of fun.
    Heard the carbines are fun to shoot as well,.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by doobiemonster View Post
    I've heard a lot of bad things about them, enough to stay clear. I guess they are a hit or miss type thing huh. What's the accuracy like on yours?
    Everything I read about them being bad is from people whom HAVE NEVER OWNED ONE! People are just hating because of the low cost and just assume they are crap. My 995ts is awesome and I only paid $240 for it.

(Schuylkill County)

Don't own one... yet. A while back there was a post on here that was 1 1/4 years old and somewhere around 18 pages long. Gotta agree with sparxfly on his opinions. Everyone knocking it never tried it. Got me interested enough to start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    blah blah blah",
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludedude1992 View Post
    Everything I read about them being bad is from people whom HAVE NEVER OWNED ONE! People are just hating because of the low cost and just assume they are crap. My 995ts is awesome and I only paid $240 for it.
    Yea, I'm sure everyone that has shot one never said 'no fucking way am I buying one'.

If you like Hi Points, then by all means. There are honestly people out there that could care less if they were free and will go 10,000 rounds between flossings...they don't like them.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast